arrival appointment with faster to the fun

Kelley70130

Thank you for confirming what I have been saying all along.

You're welcome! :D

I am sailing in two weeks (Sept. 2) I can't wait! And now I know I can get there when I want to and sit and wait and be one of the first people on--so excited!!

What puzzles me is why the Carnival people won't come out and confirm this for you and tell you that you can get there at the earliest time slot regardless of your arrival appointment time. Even when I emailed icare@carnival.com, they wouldn't come right out and say it. They kept telling me "we suggest you get there at your scheduled time", even though I told them I had FTTF. That is a huge benefit of the FTTF pass.

Whatever--at least now i know and I am happy and ready to cruise!:ship:

Yep--I had to hear it first hand, so I went to the port (New Orleans) this past Saturday while the ship was in and asked the check in people. They confirmed it for me...If you have FTTF, you can head into the terminal as early as the first time slot or whenever they open the terminal door. From there, you wait until they start boarding the ship!:cool:

So WHAT is the the first slot time for this port and ship?

So WHAT is the the first slot time for this port and ship?

So, This is for New Orleans/Carnival Triumph.

The official check in/boarding pass acceptance person told me that it varies at different times of the year. He said at this time of the year it is usually around 11:00am. Other times of the year it might be 10:00 or 10:30.

He also told me that they usually have the terminal doors open early in the morning. They might have the doors open anywhere from about 9:00 to 9:30am on. He said If I get there around 10:00am, they will definitely be open and I will be able to enter and go sit my happy self in the FTTF section and wait an hour or so until I can get on the ship.

• 1 year later...

I want to purchase FTTF but I will not be arriving till around 3:30 pm to the port! We depart at 6:30! I want to know is it worth purchasing it if we will be arriving a little later? We do have water service shuttle to one of the islands but we may purchase a carnival excursion which will give us quick access to the island. I not really familiar with the program although I am a frequent cruiser but not with carnival.

47 minutes ago, tsratilf said:

I want to purchase FTTF but I will not be arriving till around 3:30 pm to the port! We depart at 6:30! I want to know is it worth purchasing it if we will be arriving a little later? We do have water service shuttle to one of the islands but we may purchase a carnival excursion which will give us quick access to the island. I not really familiar with the program although I am a frequent cruiser but not with carnival.

IMO, I wouldn’t buy it in your situation. We buy FTTF for early boarding, room to be ready, and “water shuttle” service. If you are arriving later and using a Carnival excursions, it would be a waste to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

IMO, I wouldn’t buy it in your situation. We buy FTTF for early boarding, room to be ready, and “water shuttle” service. If you are arriving later and using a Carnival excursions, it would be a waste to me. 

I agree with this, all you'd be left with is the shorter guest services line and priority disembarkation, and with the higher price now, I wouldn't even bother with it.

• Like 1