RCCL Navigator of the Seas

In my opinion the bar and restaurant areas are completely inadequate when the ship is at full capacity.

I accept that during children's holidays the passenger numbers are far higher but everything was a complete nightmare to find seating especially the Wind Jammer , Cafe Promenade and the bar areas.

It's actually put me off RCCL a little if I'm honest.

I agree entirely! We sailed when school was "in" and it was full even then. schooner bar and pub in particular.... far too small!

All the bar areas are way to small , there is also to few areas to get snacks meaning the Wind Jammer is Jammed.:D

Any cruise ship will be crowded if you sail at peak times, and also eat at standard busy times. Sailed the Navigator in April of this year, and didn't notice any major problems. Try eating a little earlier/later - might make a difference.

I use the MDR frequently for breakfast and lunch. Love the buffet there and "Tuti salad bar" for lunch.

As far as bars, I admit I use the diamond lounge and overflow lounge in the early evening; however, went back there after second seating and never had a problem. Forget the name now, but the old Viking Lounge, on deck 13 or 14. Great late night bar and entertainment.

To be fair we tried the Wind Jammer at different times for both breakfast and lunch but sadly the result was the same jammed.

A message played numerous times each day asking politely for people who'd eaten to move on to allow others to eat.

Going on the Navigator for the first time this Thanksgiving and expecting it to be pretty crowded (2 paid days off, I assume it'll be crowded).

Anyone have a "go to" plan for Navigator sailings? Best times to approach busy areas?

We aren't bar people so the pub isn't an issue. We generally don't do the MDRs anymore, either, so probably will switch between WJ and any specialty restaurants.

Would suggest giving MDR a trial for breakfast and/or lunch. You can either have a table to yourself or join a large table. Not as fast as Windjammer or Promenade cafe, but there is a buffet; you don't have to order off menu. Much more relaxing. There might be a line at the front door, but it moves quickly as they are assigning seating - people leave when they are done, and I think more seating anyway.

I hate the WJ on all ships, never had issue with bars on this ship, been on it twice and 3rd will be in a few months, we used to cruise every Thanksgiving but now do the week after fares are a lot cheaper and very few children, we sail day after Thanksgiving this year

We found this on Explorer a couple of years ago. The addition of new cabins and the removal of the night club, as well as moving the art gallery to what was a seating area opposite the bar on deck 5 meant we often had nowhere to sit when we got a drink.

We ended up taking our drinks out to the promenade deck and sitting on the deck chairs. We actually ended up quite enjoying it!

We're sailing Nav in a few weeks and I was pleasantly surprised to see that they still have the seating area on deck 4 and the pub looks like a better set up than Explorer, plus they have a Vintages, which Explorer didn't, so I'm hopeful that it won't be as bad.

We will be out of the school holidays though so may not be as chaotic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion the bar and restaurant areas are completely inadequate when the ship is at full capacity.

I accept that during children's holidays the passenger numbers are far higher but everything was a complete nightmare to find seating especially the Wind Jammer , Cafe Promenade and the bar areas.

It's actually put me off RCCL a little if I'm honest.

If you think Voyager-class is crowded - especially the WJ......you need to try Oasis-class - you will wish to be back!:D;p:eek:

Agree completely. 9 day cruise and each and every day called for 5-10 minute queuing to get a drink. Did not see one staff person with a tray offering drinks the entire cruise. Felt like we were on a Walmart cruise - discounty and tacky.

I thought the 24-hour Cafe Promenade was pretty good. I miss that on Radiance and Vision class ships.

Agreed , my problem was when sunbathing on top decks. The only eating place anywhere near is either Wind Jammer or Johnny Rockets which frankly I'm not sure why RCCL carry on with as it was hardly used.

Agreed , my problem was when sunbathing on top decks. The only eating place anywhere near is either Wind Jammer or Johnny Rockets which frankly I'm not sure why RCCL carry on with as it was hardly used.

True, RC is not the right cruise line if one wants fresh grilled burgers out on the pool deck.

True, RC is not the right cruise line if one wants fresh grilled burgers out on the pool deck.

Do they have a solarium on the ship? If so does it have a cafe there, similar to Serenade? I guess available to sun bathers

Do they have a solarium on the ship? If so does it have a cafe there, similar to Serenade? I guess available to sun bathers

Yes, Navigator has a Solarium, but like all Voyager/Freedom class ships, there is no food venue in the Solarium.

Is there a diamond lounge (similar to the one on Freedom) whereby access is via your room key card. Although the diamond lounge on Freedom is not that large, the seating is comfy and of course there are the coffee machines.

Is there a diamond lounge (similar to the one on Freedom) whereby access is via your room key card. Although the diamond lounge on Freedom is not that large, the seating is comfy and of course there are the coffee machines.

Yes, Navigator has a DL very similar to Freedom.

The Navigator is certainly very full during school holidays - we were on a 2 week Med cruise at the beginning of August. The WJ can be a very frustrating place to find seats at peak times but we just walk slowly round the whole circuit until we find a table being vacated and then make a dash for it before anyone else gets there! Generally 2 circuits does it, just once we were on the third circuit and about to give up before we found a vacant table. Lunchtime/late lunchtime they often had an extra food 'outlet' on Deck 5 with make your own burgers/hot dogs/fajita wraps which was a useful addition. We always managed to get a seat in the Schooner Bar (and nearly always a window seat) but maybe that was more down to the time of day (often early evening about 6pm). Drinks service in the Schooner was excellent - almost always someone would come up as soon as we sat or before we had even finished our drink to offer another. The Two Poets pub was often busy during the daytime when other bars hadn't yet opened but there seemed to be more seating there than at the pub on the Independence. As has been said in another post, breakfast in the MDR is a much more relaxed atmosphere and the queues waiting for a table go down very quickly

As far as Windjammer tables, noticing this was a Mediterranean cruise, have found frequently with a lot of British passengers they do not always share tables. Noticed this on a crowded TA.

I am not meaning to be critical. I am British by birth. I do find on cruises with mostly Americans, Caribbean for example, if two people are sitting at a table that seats four I see those seats go empty. American cruisers are more likely to say "may we join you." Same thing in the bars. I think that is just a social difference.

I travel solo and had three empty seats at my table. Several couples were walking around with trays of food. It wasn't until I suggested they join me that anyone tried to take the empty seats.

Just an observation.