Help me plot cruise now/later

Cruise Junky

help... so we're thinking of stringing 3 or 4 cruises together in March/April 2020. Thinking they should be out late this year. I'm on Solstice in September before their release date, am I better to just book fake cruises as far into the future as possible or just get future cruise certificates? Also what if there's nothing appealing and I don't end up booking anything, can I cancel and get my money back as long as I don't take the OBC on Solstice?

Thanks.

I looked into future cruise certificates and after questioning the onboard sales staff about the fine print, which they didn't want to explain, I determined that they weren't a good option- not always cominable with other offers/perks.

As far as place holder cruise I haven't done that. But would think that your deposit would be refundable as long as you didn't recieve any use on your current cruise OBC.

I looked into future cruise certificates and after questioning the onboard sales staff about the fine print, which they didn't want to explain, I determined that they weren't a good option- not always cominable with other offers/perks.

As far as place holder cruise I haven't done that. But would think that your deposit would be refundable as long as you didn't recieve any use on your current cruise OBC.

Thank you. That matches my understanding.

help... so we're thinking of stringing 3 or 4 cruises together in March/April 2020. Thinking they should be out late this year. I'm on Solstice in September before their release date, am I better to just book fake cruises as far into the future as possible or just get future cruise certificates? Also what if there's nothing appealing and I don't end up booking anything, can I cancel and get my money back as long as I don't take the OBC on Solstice?

Thanks.

cruises for 2020 are over a year away. They just put spring 2019 out in June. Your looking at sometime in fall for of 2019 and spring 2020.

cruises for 2020 are over a year away. They just put spring 2019 out in June. Your looking at sometime in fall for of 2019 and spring 2020.

No they didn't. The same cruise I'm looking at for 2020 in April 2019 went on sale last December. Wasn't it just Edge that went on sale this Spring?

You are correct : as long as you don't use the OBC on your current cruise and defer it to the 'future' cruise you are booking, then the deposit is refundable.

Not only that, the future cruise is transferable to a different future cruise so you can book a placeholder and transfer your future cruise booking to a different future cruise booking - the benefit here is you most likely get to keep any onboard booking perks.

Thanks.

Now, I could very well be wrong because I always book a sailing and not a future cruise certificate when onboard (even if I change the sailing at a later date), but I think they actually got rid of the future cruise certificate in the last 6 months or so? Again, could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's not even an option anymore (and, to be honest, if I am correct, good riddance! I booked a future cruise certificate about 10 years ago and it was a NIGHTMARE!)