How Are You Getting Over the Post Alaska Cruise Blues

sagustaw

Do you really want to leave without seeing any of main land Alaska?

There are alternative transfers available, as well. Celebrity offers their contracted train that leaves around 7am, They also have bus transfers, BUT with international travel you really need to be at that airport 2.5 hours prior to your flight, so a later flight would likely be a better option. Superior would be to consider staying another week. :)

Do you really want to leave without seeing any of main land Alaska?

There are alternative transfers available, as well. Celebrity offers their contracted train that leaves around 7am, They also have bus transfers, BUT with international travel you really need to be at that airport 2.5 hours prior to your flight, so a later flight would likely be a better option. Superior would be to consider staying another week. :)

Our plans are flexible, nothing is booked yet although certain parts such as the cruise are more or less set. We are trying to cover some new places as well as a couple of the same yet a little bit more of Alaska in general having been so awestruck from our first every visit. We plan three weeks rather than two. We planned to undertake land tour inc. a bit of time in Canada pre-cruise the flights back to Heathrow via Seattle appeared slightly more straight forward we just need to work out where. But, I'm grateful for your helpful reminder before we confirm any travel arrangements.

Our plans are flexible, nothing is booked yet although certain parts such as the cruise are more or less set. We are trying to cover some new places as well as a couple of the same yet a little bit more of Alaska in general having been so awestruck from our first every visit. We plan three weeks rather than two. We planned to undertake land tour inc. a bit of time in Canada pre-cruise the flights back to Heathrow via Seattle appeared slightly more straight forward we just need to work out where. But, I'm grateful for your helpful reminder before we confirm any travel arrangements.

Being you are investing time for mainland touring, I'd suggest you skip any cruise line transfer. The contracted bus and train will only be offered debark day. I'd suggest you consider at least a full day of touring Seward, it is a gem that has multiple options. I usually invest at least 3 days, with 2 overnights. http://www.seward.com

Being you are investing time for mainland touring, I'd suggest you skip any cruise line transfer. The contracted bus and train will only be offered debark day. I'd suggest you consider at least a full day of touring Seward, it is a gem that has multiple options. I usually invest at least 3 days, with 2 overnights. www.seward.com

Since you are the budget queen, any tips on finding reasonable hotel rates in Seward (and Alaska in general)?

Finding tolerable hotel rates was the hardest part of planning our Alaska trip.

When you book a last minute cruise deal, do you find decent hotel rates to go with it?

I need to have a look at an add on post cruise added in Seward/that area. Maybe less time pre-cruise and shift our proposed dates. Thank you one and all the State is so vast all insider knowledge/practical tips are so helpful. I relied on Toms guide when we visited Ketchikan prior to DIY excursion, he's guides are so helpful too.

Since you are the budget queen, any tips on finding reasonable hotel rates in Seward (and Alaska in general)?

Finding tolerable hotel rates was the hardest part of planning our Alaska trip.

When you book a last minute cruise deal, do you find decent hotel rates to go with it?

I go with basic lodging. I usually stay at the Marina in Seward, but have added several other locations, along with the Harborview Inn Location is all I care about, and having good access to my activities. Big differences in my choices when I have my own transportation, which many times I don't in Seward. Taxi service is excellent in Seward as well, but I never want to be miles out of town. I want the ability to walk to my tours,and have decent choices of food option