Junior Suite Check-In

stleda124

I had read somewhere on these Boards that how/where/when non-suite passengers were allowed to check in was at the discretion of the "Terminal Manager". Some ports allowed non-suite passengers to check in with suite passengers if everyone was traveling together. Additionally, non-suite passengers traveling with suite friends/family could also wait in the suite area before boarding. Has anyone experience this out of Port Canaveral. Our Oasis cruise includes suite, JS and non-suite family members.

Ray

They may let 2 non-suite guests wait in the suite area with 2 suite guests in the same party, but they won't let 10 non-suite guests wait in the suite area with 2 suite guests.

They may let 2 non-suite guests wait in the suite area with 2 suite guests in the same party, but they won't let 10 non-suite guests wait in the suite area with 2 suite guests.

Bob--as always thank you so much for accurate and useful information. Out of our party of 7, only one is a non-suite passenger. Four are JS passengers and Teresia and I are in an Owners Suite. From what I have read on this thread, It APPEARS that JS guests have access to the suite waiting area. At least that is what I think folks are saying...

Ray

Bob--as always thank you so much for accurate and useful information. Out of our party of 7, only one is a non-suite passenger. Four are JS passengers and Teresia and I are in an Owners Suite. From what I have read on this thread, It APPEARS that JS guests have access to the suite waiting area. At least that is what I think folks are saying...

Ray

You should be fine if only one guest out of 7 is a non-suite guest.

Technically, they are our children - adult children - 20, 22 and 26. None of them have ever been on a cruise. It would be nice to board together.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is a little bit more iffy. The staff may or may not let them wait with you in the suite area and board with the suites. You will have to wait and see what happens at the port.

Of course, the way to avoid any problems is to arrive after boarding has begun. Get to the pier at 11 and chances are that once you have checked in, EVERYONE can just walk onto the ship.

If you get to board the ship early (around 11.00am) then Windjammer is not busy. That is the best spot to head for in my opinion and it has a great choice.

If you find it is too crowded then Park Café is a good second choice.

Problem is that on embarkation day with nearly 6,000 boarding and all having the same idea, everywhere gets busy.

Technically, they are our children - adult children - 20, 22 and 26. None of them have ever been on a cruise. It would be nice to board together.

You can easily board together. If the port personnal won't let the children stay with you, then just stay wherever the children are waiting. It's not a big deal, maybe a 5-10 minute difference in boarding time.

When we took our whole family on a cruise, 9 people total, they would not allow them to board with us in the D+ line. We just went with them, since it was their first cruise. But, when it was just our son and grandson cruising with us, they left them board with us.

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can easily board together. If the port personnal won't let the children stay with you, then just stay wherever the children are waiting. It's not a big deal, maybe a 5-10 minute difference in boarding time.

This was exactly what I was thinking. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums