Has anyone done the hop on hop off Miami tour at the end of cruise?

Hi all,

I've seen an excursion for the last day for a hop on hop off tour of Miami which includes luggage storage and airport drop off. It's £41.58. I thought this sounds pretty reasonable even for the luggage storage and airport return.

I'm really keen to see a bit of Miami and I usually do these tour buses but thought I'd ask your experiences please?

Thanks.

Beckyboo, Ive done the HOHO tour, It was very well organized, all the luggage is stowed in a trailer when you arrive off the bus, and we had a choice of three tour busses, I chose the Art Deco tour, there was not enough time to hop off, but the closed loop was very informative and fun. There is a shopping mall nearby where you can use restrooms, and get some lunch. Very reasonable price

Beckyboo, Ive done the HOHO tour, It was very well organized, all the luggage is stowed in a trailer when you arrive off the bus, and we had a choice of three tour busses, I chose the Art Deco tour, there was not enough time to hop off, but the closed loop was very informative and fun. There is a shopping mall nearby where you can use restrooms, and get some lunch. Very reasonable price

Thanks for the reply. Do you know whether it's possible to do all four loops? My flight home isn't until 20:40 so I figure I have plenty of time. If I switch buses, how will I get my luggage? I read that you need to be at a place by 17:00 to get the transfer to the airport, hopefully that's fairly straight forward.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know whether it's possible to do all four loops? My flight home isn't until 20:40 so I figure I have plenty of time. If I switch buses, how will I get my luggage? I read that you need to be at a place by 17:00 to get the transfer to the airport, hopefully that's fairly straight forward.

Also interested in this. Noticed on the shore excursion page it says busses depart for the airport at mid-day & 2pm. Seems awfully early.

Also interested in this. Noticed on the shore excursion page it says busses depart for the airport at mid-day & 2pm. Seems awfully early.

The one I've booked says they depart at 15:00 and 17:00. The 17:00 works perfectly for me. I've booked it so fingers crossed it'll work out well.

The tour leaves for the airport at 2pm when I did the tour, and it only left time for one tour bus, If you decided to do all three or four tours, you can retrieve you luggage from the storage trailer, and stay as long as you want, but you would have to find another place to store you luggage. Since the bus depot has the tour ticketing also, I suspect you can ask them to store your luggage for you, and take a taxi to the airport, heres the link so you can ask them. https://www.bigbustours.com/en/miami/miami-routes-and-tour-maps/

The tour leaves for the airport at 2pm when I did the tour, and it only left time for one tour bus, If you decided to do all three or four tours, you can retrieve you luggage from the storage trailer, and stay as long as you want, but you would have to find another place to store you luggage. Since the bus depot has the tour ticketing also, I suspect you can ask them to store your luggage for you, and take a taxi to the airport, heres the link so you can ask them. https://www.bigbustours.com/en/miami/miami-routes-and-tour-maps/

I think HOHO and Big Bus are two different companies so perhaps it's a different excursion. Did you book through RCC?

I've read the small print and seems like I can get the bus to the airport at 17:00 so hopefully it works out well.

I had a three o'clock flight so it may have been a different tour for us, using the big bus tours, but it was a HOHO bus tour . They did not store our luggage on the HOHO bus, but in a trailer that was brought to the airport. I think you should be fine if there is a 17:00 bus.

I have done this twice, about two years apart. It is well organized as far as the luggage service and airport transport. The first time the tour was nicely narrated and a good way to kill time. The second time ther narrator spent all his time processing hop on sales and he never said a word. The bus was filthy, water dripping from the ceiling and moldy. To make matters worse none of the headphone ports works so we couldn't even listen to the "canned" tour. We basically just rode around on the bus guessing at what we were seeing. Its gone way down hill and we would not do it again.

This is something I have considered but to chose to book a day room at the airport hotel instead.

Having dumped suitcases at hotel, spent day at Bayside for a bit of shopping, food and a short boat ride to see how the posh people live. Gave me some freedom and flexibility on how I wanted to manage my day.