Booking cruise transfer (Alaska train) if cruise was booked through TA?

Straitlover

We are booked on Noordam in June 2018 through an online TA (big one that takes forever to answer any questions). We want to take the train from Anchorage to Seward the day we sail. The plan was to book it ourselves, but I'm thinking it might be better to book through HAL in case there's an issue that makes the train late or some other problem like the washout they had last week where they had to go by bus. They wait if you're on the HAL transfer, correct?

I can see my booking on the HAL site, but I do not see where I can book any kind of transfer. Does the TA have to do that, or is it maybe just too early to show on the website like it is for the shore excursions? Also, does anyone know if the train costs more by booking through HAL?

Whenever I have wanted a HAL transfer to the ship, I have had to book that through my TA.

When I have wanted a HAL transfer from the ship, I have been able to book that on the ship.

I do use HAL transfers most of the time.

We are booked on Noordam in June 2018 through an online TA (big one that takes forever to answer any questions). We want to take the train from Anchorage to Seward the day we sail. The plan was to book it ourselves, but I'm thinking it might be better to book through HAL in case there's an issue that makes the train late or some other problem like the washout they had last week where they had to go by bus. They wait if you're on the HAL transfer, correct?

I can see my booking on the HAL site, but I do not see where I can book any kind of transfer. Does the TA have to do that, or is it maybe just too early to show on the website like it is for the shore excursions? Also, does anyone know if the train costs more by booking through HAL?

Your TA or HAL will have to book it for you.Not available online.

Booking airport to ship transfer last week:

HAL Chat said I had to do it through the TA even though the online website let me add it to the cart. But wouldn't let me check out (I didn't know the transfer was the problem at the time).

Called HAL because the website specifically said I could do it through them. The agent on the phone had no problem adding the airport transfers for me, and taking payment.

YMMV

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

We recently booked the HAL train transfer from Anchorage to Seward for our cruise on the Westerdam next June. HAL referred us to our TA to do the booking. We called our big box TA, and while we were on the phone with them, our TA was also on the phone with HAL. Our TA confirmed that we were booked on the HAL train.

We were given the choice between checking in at Egan Center or at the Airport (meet at South Terminal Baggage Claim #1 - and check in with HAL there). Check-in times at both locations are at 11:00am.

The cost of the train was just added to our balance for the cruise.

We recently booked the HAL train transfer from Anchorage to Seward for our cruise on the Westerdam next June. HAL referred us to our TA to do the booking. We called our big box TA, and while we were on the phone with them, our TA was also on the phone with HAL. Our TA confirmed that we were booked on the HAL train.

We were given the choice between checking in at Egan Center or at the Airport (meet at South Terminal Baggage Claim #1 - and check in with HAL there). Check-in times at both locations are at 11:00am.

The cost of the train was just added to our balance for the cruise.

Was it the same price as booking direct with the RR, or does HAL charge more? I would think so since it sounds like they would be busing you to the train depot. Might be worth the extra so we wouldn't have to be at the train at 5:30 in the morning! We will be doing a DIY land tour before the cruise, but we could take the hotel shuttle back to the airport to go to the HAL check-in spot.

The cost is $125 per person for HAL's special train. The timing is much better than the regular train - there's no way that we would want to be at the Egan Center at 5:30 am, especially since we are staying in midtown. So even though it is somewhat more expensive, it is definitely worth it to us.

This is much more convenient for us also. We will have a rental car, and will just return it to the airport that morning, and take the rental car shuttle back to the South Terminal Baggage Claim to meet up with HAL.

The cost is $125 per person for HAL's special train. The timing is much better than the regular train - there's no way that we would want to be at the Egan Center at 5:30 am, especially since we are staying in midtown. So even though it is somewhat more expensive, it is definitely worth it to us.

This is much more convenient for us also. We will have a rental car, and will just return it to the airport that morning, and take the rental car shuttle back to the South Terminal Baggage Claim to meet up with HAL.

We're staying in midtown also (Fairfield inn). Definitely worth an extra $20 per person to not have to be at the depot at 5:30 AM. Actually it will be less because we'd have to pay for a taxi from the hotel to the depot.

May have to miss any real sightseeing in Seward, though. Will have to think about it. Thanks!!!