Eli's Tour - highly recommended!!

alb38

We just got home Saturday from being on the Serenade and Eli's was probably our favorite excursion. It was myself and my mom (59) and she was able to do all of the hiking/climbing. We didn't have Eli as our guide, however we had Ed, Shamil and Tony and Ed was a font of information regarding the island!! We hiked at bird island and then climbed the rock formation at Hell's Gate we even had time to snorkel. Loved this excursion. If you are going to Antigua make sure to book with Eli! Also if you cannot find water shoes - they have a small supply on board the boat but definitely no flip flops for hiking Hell's Gate!

Andrea, Glad to hear you had a great time. We have booked this excursion for our cruise in April.

Was there time to do anything afterward?

Michelle,

I think we arrived back at the dock around 3:15 - 3:30 so we still had time to shop. This was probably the worst island as far as the vendors being pushy and after about 30 minutes I was tired of the hassling and just got back on the Serenade. The tour is great you will love it - if you are doing any shopping make sure you hit Rimas in St Marteen - they have anything caribbean (that most of the vendors sell) for half the price, bags, purses, sarongs, shirts, beach cover ups. The one couple we were with bought a shirt in St Lucia for $20.00 (with a Rima's tag inside) and at Rima's they were $7.99! Enjoy!

I agree with Andrea, the best tour by far is the Eco tour thru Eli's. We were on the same tour with Andrea and her mother and it was a blast from the time we got on until the very end. The crew was fantastic and kept things intersting until we departed. If I ever go back to Antigua I will book the other tour they offer and for returning customers they give a 20% discount. The website to book this is adventureantigua.com.

Michelle,

I think we arrived back at the dock around 3:15 - 3:30 so we still had time to shop. This was probably the worst island as far as the vendors being pushy and after about 30 minutes I was tired of the hassling and just got back on the Serenade. The tour is great you will love it - if you are doing any shopping make sure you hit Rimas in St Marteen - they have anything caribbean (that most of the vendors sell) for half the price, bags, purses, sarongs, shirts, beach cover ups. The one couple we were with bought a shirt in St Lucia for $20.00 (with a Rima's tag inside) and at Rima's they were $7.99! Enjoy!

Where is Rima's location? Will be sure to go there!

We've done the ecotour 3 times, and we're booked for the new Xtreme Circumnav in January - can't wait! We always have a great time with Eli and his crew. Michelle, there's a nice shopping area at the pier, minutes from the ship. We've always had at least a little time to go through the shops, and if you tell the crew you'll be wanting to do that, they usually make sure to plan to accomodate you. There's one shop there with some really nice silk clothes.

Jodi

Michelle, Rima's is on Pondfil Road - not far from the Front Street shopping location. What are you doing on St Martin?

Thanks!

I am not sure about St. Maarten. We may just go to Dawn Beach for the day. Maybe do a quick tour. Maybe go to the beach with the planes overhead. Maybe do America's Cup Regatta again. I think I will let my DH decide this one. I have picked out all the rest! (Of course he gets to disagree if he wants, but he is a smart man!)

We've done the ecotour 3 times, and we're booked for the new Xtreme Circumnav in January - can't wait! We always have a great time with Eli and his crew. Michelle, there's a nice shopping area at the pier, minutes from the ship. We've always had at least a little time to go through the shops, and if you tell the crew you'll be wanting to do that, they usually make sure to plan to accomodate you. There's one shop there with some really nice silk clothes. Jodi

Thanks for the info, Jodi

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be going to S. Caribbean in Dec '06 on the Crown Princess and Antigua is one of the ports of call. We'd like to know of anyone who took the Xtreme Circumnav tour already or especially anyone that took both the original and the new one, to help us decide which one to book. This is our first time in the Caribbean, our first cruise, too... so we know nothing! We haven't heard one negative thing about the Eli's tour company, so it's just which one to take that has us stumped.

I believe the 18 year olds name would be Ed. I would do the same tour all over again if given the chance. I thought Ed was very knowledgeable and really enjoyed his job. We were on the Eco tour on the 29th of November and had a blast. What are your reasons for not wanting to do again? Hopefully next time I will do Eli's other tour.

I had booked this tour in July for my port call in Dec aboard the MSC Lirica (aka The Ship From Hell).

Unfortunately, we arrived an hour late and I missed the tour.

Upon arriving home and checking my email, I had received one from AA apologizing for having to depart without me and advising me that they had credited my credit card for the deposit. I have received the credit.

They sent the email on the same day of the missed tour...without me having to ask for it. I call that excellent service!

Archived