Need a hotel in Port Canaveral precruise

mitsugirly

The places we have previously stayed in are not available and I'm looking for a decent place to stay that is reasonable for a family of 2 adults, 1 child. Amenities really don't matter since we will just be there over night.

If it includes any transportation to the port and hot breakfast...that's an added plus. Also, must be somewhere within walking distance to either a grocery store or gas station for soda.

Thanks in advance.

We prefer to stay in Orlando (where lots of hotels meet your requirements, including some near MCO with airport shuttles if that is important to you) and then drive to PC and drop the rental car off the morning of the cruise.

Residence Inn is a very good option. There's also a Homewood Suites right across the road that's just a few months old. Those would be my first two suggestions as they're just down the road from the port. Clean, comfortable, and both have breakfast.

We prefer to stay in Orlando (where lots of hotels meet your requirements, including some near MCO with airport shuttles if that is important to you) and then drive to PC and drop the rental car off the morning of the cruise.

Do you have any suggestions of places you like in the Orlando area?

Very nice pool area, but rooms are dated and has outside corridors.

Oh cool. I actually like the outside corridors. That means I don't have to walk down long hallways, down an elevator and out the lobby to find out what the weather it like outside. +1

Do you have any suggestions of places you like in the Orlando area?

It sort of depends upon your budget, for how long, and what you want to do.

Lots of very nice option in the Lake Buena Vista area if you want to relax, hit downtown Disney, water parks, WDW or even Sea World. If you want to do Universal I would stay near there. We do not like the International drive area - too busy/noisy.

Near MCO we usually stay north of the airport - look at hotels on North Frontage Road or T G Lee blvd -- lots of hotels to choose from (Hampton Inn, La Quinta, Hampton Inn, etc.) with many chain dining options and a few gas station marts for last minute shopping. All offer free airport shuttles if you need to go back to MCO to catch your transport to the port.

Oh no, we just need a place to stay over night before cruising the next day.

I think I'm going to end up booking something right by the port just so if there's any surprises the morning of the cruise (like a traffic jam or construction or whatever), we'll only be about a mile from the ship.

... I think I'm going to end up booking something right by the port just so if there's any surprises the morning of the cruise (like a traffic jam or construction or whatever), we'll only be about a mile from the ship.

That's the same way we feel. The road between the airport and the port is usually an easy drive, but if there's some sort of traffic problem, there are not many alternate routes.

So I ended up booking Country Inn & Suites there on Astronaut. They offered free hot breakfast and we managed to get a 1 bedroom family suite for a decent price ($139).

Residence Inn was over $200 and just couldn't justify that price for only over night.

Now I'm hoping that the place will still be standing after Irma hits. :(

Yeah, we're hoping for the best. Mandatory evac starts today, but the hope is it weakens to the point where damage is minimized. When I get back to work next week in that area, I'll try and report back on how everything is doing in the area.

When are you cruising out of there?

Yeah, we're hoping for the best. Mandatory evac starts today, but the hope is it weakens to the point where damage is minimized. When I get back to work next week in that area, I'll try and report back on how everything is doing in the area.

When are you cruising out of there?

We won't be cruising until November, but still...I have seen the devastation of the ports in the Caribbean and if Irma hits Florida like they are saying it's going to...not going to be good. :(

Please do report back if you can. I would really appreciate it.

We are staying at Residence Inn, later in December, but we are using Marriott Points. They told me they I could park my car there during the cruise, and just pay a parking fee, but the person I spoke to, didn't sound overly confident. Has anyone done that before at the Residence Inn?

Good luck to all the Floridians! Stay safe!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We are staying at Residence Inn, later in December, but we are using Marriott Points. They told me they I could park my car there during the cruise, and just pay a parking fee, but the person I spoke to, didn't sound overly confident. Has anyone done that before at the Residence Inn?

Good luck to all the Floridians! Stay safe!

I was not able to book a "free" room with parking with my Marriott Points, so I believe you got accurate info and will have to pay a daily fee to keep your car there. I'd call the hotel directly and ask them the fee.

So I ended up booking Country Inn & Suites there on Astronaut. They offered free hot breakfast and we managed to get a 1 bedroom family suite for a decent price ($139).

Residence Inn was over $200 and just couldn't justify that price for only over night.

Now I'm hoping that the place will still be standing after Irma hits. :(

Hi there! Is the Country Inn & Suites close to Port? Thanks.

I was not able to book a "free" room with parking with my Marriott Points, so I believe you got accurate info and will have to pay a daily fee to keep your car there. I'd call the hotel directly and ask them the fee.

I had called the hotel, parking isn't free, but when I asked about parking beyond my checkout date, if we could pay for parking while on the cruise, the person we spoke to was very confused.

I had called the hotel, parking isn't free, but when I asked about parking beyond my checkout date, if we could pay for parking while on the cruise, the person we spoke to was very confused.

I'd call back, try to get a manager. I'm pretty sure the fee they quoted us was significantly less than parking at the port, I want to say around $8 per day.

Hi there! Is the Country Inn & Suites close to Port? Thanks.

Yes, actually it's the closest to the port (it claims) and located on Astronaut (or maybe it's the closest on that road..who knows). It's about 1 mile away. If you look it up on google maps (or google earth) you'll see just how close it is.

I'd call back, try to get a manager. I'm pretty sure the fee they quoted us was significantly less than parking at the port, I want to say around $8 per day.

Yes, that was what they told me. We would have to pay for the van to the port, or we could uber it.

Are there any hotels close to the port which have shuttles from MCO. We are reserved at an airport hotel and then a shuttle to the port but all things equal may prefer closer to the port.

Not that I've seen. It around 40 miles from the airport to the port. However, you can use Cortrans for $20 per person to get from the airport to the port area.

We won't be cruising until November, but still...I have seen the devastation of the ports in the Caribbean and if Irma hits Florida like they are saying it's going to...not going to be good. :(

Please do report back if you can. I would really appreciate it.

I drove through the area on my way to work at Cape Canaveral AFS this morning. As I posted in a couple other threads, the port and surrounding areas survived pretty well. I can't speak to interior damage or flooding, but early reports are minimal. Much of the Cape area still has some degree of power/water outage but external damage is minimal. Oasis and Carnival Magic made it back to port this morning. The RaceTrac I referenced previously was back open, sans gas with no real damage. I would imagine the hotel should be plenty good to go by the time you're down here. Quite a few businesses open to some extent, and many more anticipating re-opening in the next few days once full power and water is restored.

I drove through the area on my way to work at Cape Canaveral AFS this morning. As I posted in a couple other threads, the port and surrounding areas survived pretty well. I can't speak to interior damage or flooding, but early reports are minimal. Much of the Cape area still has some degree of power/water outage but external damage is minimal. Oasis and Carnival Magic made it back to port this morning. The RaceTrac I referenced previously was back open, sans gas with no real damage. I would imagine the hotel should be plenty good to go by the time you're down here. Quite a few businesses open to some extent, and many more anticipating re-opening in the next few days once full power and water is restored.

That's awesome news Cody. I did see Carnival Magic made it in to port and did hear that the ports are fine. But I really hadn't heard much about the surrounding areas. If a lot of them are opening up already, I'm sure they will be fine by the time we sail.

Thanks SO MUCH for your information. It's highly appreciated. :)