Anyone reschedualing or cancelling a Caribbean cruise this winter due to storm damage

CineGraphic

I totally understand your point and can appreciate your perspective. You live up in chilly/cold Canada.

I don't. I live in hot/hotter South Florida. So WHERE I go on a Caribbean cruise actually matters, as I am not escaping for warmth and sunshine, but to see new and different ports.

I just hope Princess carefully chooses the replacement ports so as to not make matters worse for the damaged islands.

Example: On September 23 (after Maria had already devastated Puerto Rico), Princess informed people that for the Oct. 7th Caribbean Princess sailing, they still plan to go to San Juan (which itself was a replacement port for one of the Virgin Islands) on Oct 10th. Really? Why? What do they expect the passengers to do there? How? They can't even get medical/supply ships in because the ports are too damaged, so how do they get a cruise ship in?

I also hope Princess's Medical Center is ready for passengers having to be treated for a host of post-hurricane diseases. They'll have a lot more than norovirus to worry about on board with mosquitos swarming from all the pooled water, and no running water or waste disposal on the island. Here are just a few of the concerns that doctors have been discussing on TV: Zika, malaria, dysentery, e-Coli, Hep A, Hep B, typhoid. Also, God forbid any passenger has a serious health issue requiring hospitalization. The Puerto Rican doctors are reporting that hospitals still don't have any power so they can't perform surgeries, dialysis and many other life-saving procedures.

Simply put, Princess needs to be responsible here and put the residents of these islands and their recovery first, their passengers' happiness second, and their own bottom-line/shareholders' pockets last.

Wondering if you will all end up at Western Caribbean ports?? Makes sense, but I know many will not be happy about that.

Don't count on it. Those of us with final payment dates that came and went were not given any incentives to keep bookings. They'll eventually drop fares because they have to. For example, there are over 180 inside cabins still open for the Dec 9th Crown sailing.

You should see how many cabins are still available on the Crown for the November 13th cruise!! A bunch of balcony cabins and many on the Caribe deck! But it's a Western Caribbean cruise which many don't like...but I bet that those ports will end up being replacements for some of the islands damaged by the storm.