Port Canaveral to Disney?

MotherofTrips

Considering going to one of the Disney parks when docked at Port Canaveral on the Breakaway in November.

Is it even worth it?

What time do you get off the ship and what time do you have to be back on the ship?

I am assuming renting a car for a family of 7 would be the cheapest option.

I am anxious to hear what others have done and how it worked out!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We wanted to do Disney as well our last Port Canaveral cruise, but were hesitant to pay all that money for a few hours at Disney. Instead we rented a car and did downtown Disney. We had a blast. There was plenty of time and very little stress.

Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) or CityWalk at Universal are great ideas.

I agree that paying all that money to go 4-5 hours to a theme park where you don't even get to pre-arrange any rides is not fun. You must wait in the longest lines for everything.

I did Disney World when on a cruise on the Breakaway. I am a huge Disney fan ( annual pass holder) and really wanted to visit. But due to the time constraints you certainly have to make compromises!

Disney World is huge so you would need to prioritize which park you visit--you don't have time to do more than one. I chose to visit the Magic Kingdom and I chose to book the NCL excursion (was worried about the short time frame). We had about 5 hours at the park. Time enough to ride a number of rides (bought their wristbands), shop and get in some treats. Made reservations at the place I wanted to eat (the gray stuff was delicious!).

Was it enough time? No. Would I do it again? Yes--who knows when I'll get back to visit and the short time was worth the money spent. The folks who I was traveling with had no desire to go so they did something else! Guess you have to decide if such a short visit is worth the money!

Sent from my iPad using Forums