MDR seating arrangements

villagenut

Does anyone know how many different single table "tops" there are.

I know there are 2 person, 4 person, and 10 person tables. Just wondering what other options they use.

I am not real keen on being seating with strangers so I will try to plan the travel party number accordingly. We are looking at either 5, 6, or 7 folks right now.

I know there are 2 person, 4 person, and 10 person tables. Just wondering what other options they use.

I am not real keen on being seating with strangers so I will try to plan the travel party number accordingly. We are looking at either 5, 6, or 7 folks right now.

We have only ever doing anytime dining, on all the lines, for the past 6-7 years. No worries about sharing a table with anyone.

The times my husband and I have cruised just the two of us, we have always been assigned a table with others, many of whom have become good friends. When we have cruised as a party of 5-6, we have been assigned our own table.

When you board the ship, usually the maître d will be in the forward main dining room from around 1 pm to about 230. You can request a change at that time or he will tell you when you can. I'm the same way, so when it is just the two of us, I request a booth and never have been denied. A table for more than 4 should be no problem

Depends on the ship. We've seen tables for 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, and 14. The 5top is an odd table on the Miracle, it's really a 6top but it's too close to the walkway for a sixth person. The 14 top was an add-on round topper on the Paradise.

There are a limited number of tables for parties larger than 4 in ATD. Might have to wait for one to empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In April on the Pride, we had a "5top". Normally it is just my wife, 2 boys and myself. But my wife had a friend on the cruise. They sat us at a 4 top booth and put a chair on the end. Fortunately my oldest son refuses to eat with us so we just had them take the chair away evening as it would have been cramped with that setup.