Dessert suggestions

DianetheCruiser

Wow. One reason we've booked Viking Ocean is to, after many many crossings on many many super-classy lines, avoid kids and the bariatric sugar-gobblers. This is a rather sad thread alas for all of us diabetics.

Oh well, there's always celery. (Just kidding. Sorta.);p

Viking is so good about meeting food requirements for a wide variety of needs that I have to believe that they have expanded their sugar free dessert options.

i am willing to bet that there will be offerings generally - and if you let Viking know in advance, I am sure they will provide options for you....

This one intrigues me, a traditional Norwegian dessert! Not something I've seen before or will likely run into around here. I'll have to be sure to try it. Did they have it at Mamsen's all the time or will I need to watch for it?

Yes, they do have it every day. It has 2 layers of merengue that has almond flour. The layers alternated with buttercream and the cake is covered in thinly sliced roasted almonds. Enjoy! :)

Yes, they do have it every day. It has 2 layers of merengue that has almond flour. The layers alternated with buttercream and the cake is covered in thinly sliced roasted almonds. Enjoy! :)

Too bad you didn't cruise before us. We never eat desserts but I would have tried this one!:D

I missed this too. In April I'll definitely check it out. I wonder if it is available after the shows?

I'm not sure about this. This cake was quite popular on our cruise. Also keep in mind that it's a little on a heavy side - no substitutes all natural eggs, butter, sugar, milk, and almonds :D