Formal or Not Night.

deliver42

I know that the "formal" nights are usually on day 2 and 6 on a 7 night cruise, but due to the change of itinerary on the Escape, day 6 is at GSC. Can anyone guess if it will be changed to day 5, or stay a day 6 after GSC? I realize it may be per mature to ask this .

I know that the "formal" nights are usually on day 2 and 6 on a 7 night cruise, but due to the change of itinerary on the Escape, day 6 is at GSC. Can anyone guess if it will be changed to day 5, or stay a day 6 after GSC? I realize it may be per mature to ask this .

There are NO real "formal nights". Some people dress to have their pictures taken with the Captain but many do not.

There are no formal nights on NCL so wear what you want, on any night. Make whatever night suits you best into formal night. On a 7 night cruise you can have as many or as few formal nights as you want. Dress up on every night if you want. Don't dress up any night if that is better for you. This is one of the reasons why some people love NCL and some don't.

I think the "Formal or Not" night is the night that the Captain is available for photos. The timing of that is such that you either go for dinner very early or late so there may be people who are "all dressed up" for the photos but most just treat it like any other night living by the dining rules.

If you are asking because you want to schedule specialty dining - I really didn't notice any changes in the MDR between regular nights and 'Norwegian night out' which is what they call the formal or not night now. There's a casual and dressy dining room ever night so you can dress however you like. I didn't notice anything special about the menu on Norwegian night out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i think the Norwegian Night Out is when they have a lot more photographers out in the areas to take pictures. Generally nothing else changes.... except restaurants are pretty crowded that night as it seems a lot of people like to do a formal night with their companions.