Muster drill when sailing from Venice??

Hambagahle

Our next cruise leaves from Venice. We board the ship the day before we sail and the next day sail at 1800. Does anyone have any experience as to when the muster drill will happen? On the day we all board ? Day we sail? And if on the latter, with sailing at 1800 does this mean the Muster Drill is likely to be at 1700?? In which case "All Aboard" will be 1630 at the latest??

We're just back from a cruise on Sirena which started exactly as yours did. We boarded on Monday, but sailed from Venice on Tuesday evening at 6pm. Muster drill was at 5pm on Tuesday, with all aboard by 4.30. Have a great cruise!

This is very helpful; thank you! I believe our cruise next summer will depart Venice @ 1600 so I am guessing muster will take place @1500, with everyone back on board by 1430. Did Sirena dock at San Basilio terminal for you as well? I'm hoping that's the norm, rather than the exception. Seems to be much easier go back and forth, to and from Venice from that terminal!

Gerry,

Last November we sailed on Riviera from Venice with the same next day departure. I believe we held the drill the afternoon of departure requiring passengers to return earlier than some would have liked to attend 'life boat drill.'

Incidentally, is just my failing memory or do more passengers seem to be missing the scheduled drill in recent years?

JMBobB

Probably your failing memory - I haven't noticed this but then I haven't been on a cruise since we were on the Trans-Atlantic together in 2015. Have had no reason to cruise and too much golf (if that is possible?) This time though Ken will be 80 on 10 November. We'll be on Riviera in Corfu that day. Fun!! Take care, both.

Our next cruise leaves from Venice. We board the ship the day before we sail and the next day sail at 1800. Does anyone have any experience as to when the muster drill will happen? On the day we all board ? Day we sail? And if on the latter, with sailing at 1800 does this mean the Muster Drill is likely to be at 1700?? In which case "All Aboard" will be 1630 at the latest??

The drills have to happen when everyone is on board. We were on a cruise this spring where we boarded the day before as in your case. The drill was just before sailing.....as you suggested.

We are departing out of Athens on 10/28 at 21:00. I asked O if the drill would be at 21:30 or later. They said NO. The requirements are that the drill be held within 24 hours of sailing. Since our port times the next morning is 8:00-18:00 (all aboard by 17:30), our drill will be shortly after 18:00, which meets the 24 hour requirement. Additionally told to not expect the restaurants to open until 19:00 that evening, which is no problem for us.

interesting

We have always had muster the day of sailing usually 5:15 pm no matter what time sailaway was

we have sailed at 11pm & midnight in some cases the only exception was when we sailed at 4 or 5pm then muster was about 45 mins prior

Just my experience YMMV

We are on Riviera at the moment, we left Venice at 11.30pm. Drill was at 5.15,there were lots of missing people and we were told that SOLAS required drill to be done before or shortly after sailing but that Oceania made sure that all passengers were drilled prior to embarkation so anyone missing would have a drill conducted by the safety officer. And indeed when we were leaving Red Ginger at just before 10pm a group were going back to their cabins clutching their life vests.

As a PS and re another thread, there were two people in RG in baseball caps despite Currents stating baseball caps are not permitted in GDR or specialities. But the meal was exceptional!

Thanks for the info Jo-B I am beginning to wonder why we are sailing from Venice at 1800 when all we have to do is to get to Zadar the next morning? Anyway - both the Cruise port calendar and Oceania say 1800.

I HATE seeing anyone indoors wearing a hat especially a golf or baseball cap. Not necessary and why do they do it. It looks terrible. Hopefully Oceania will tell the hostess at every restaurant to ask these "gentlemen" to kindly remove the cap.