What is the best way to book a Viking Ocean cruise?

Nashna

So again, If you can get up to $300 per person OBC from a cooperative TA, why book thru Viking direct?

Actually it's not "up to $300 per person", it depends on the length of the cruise. The OBC is $150 to $500 pp:

For one (1) to seven (7) nights on Viking vessel, $150 per guest; for eight (8) to fourteen (14) nights on a Viking vessel, $300 per guest and for fifteen plus (15+) nights on a Viking vessel, $500 per guest.

Actually it's not "up to $300 per person", it depends on the length of the cruise. The OBC is $150 to $500 pp:

For one (1) to seven (7) nights on Viking vessel, $150 per guest; for eight (8) to fourteen (14) nights on a Viking vessel, $300 per guest and for fifteen plus (15+) nights on a Viking vessel, $500 per guest.

However, the cost of a cruise fare varies depending on the type of stateroom one booked. Are you saying it does not matter whether one booked a Veranda or a Penthouse Suite the OBC will be the same for the same length of cruise?

However, the cost of a cruise fare varies depending on the type of stateroom one booked. Are you saying it does not matter whether one booked a Veranda or a Penthouse Suite the OBC will be the same for the same length of cruise?

That is my understanding based on the obc that we received (thanks to someone who recently joined this conversation and has her own dot com after her name:confused:)

My TA told me that $600 was the most that she could offer in the way of an oBC for that Viking cruise we are sailing in a deluxe veranda stateroom. I am also booked on an Azamara Cruise in 2018 and my TA offered an additional OBC on that sailing to make up for the fact that she could not do more for us on the Viking cruise. One reason I truly value cruise critic is the opportunity to receive helpful insider information. It certainly helped with this booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

So, I read from another thread that I can transfer a booking made while onboard to a TA and get OBC from the TA subsequently; even after getting onboard and past guest discounts from Viking?

Like everyone else, I'm trying to get the best possible deal. If by moving my booking to a TA, I could gain additional OBC, I'm definitely interested in working with a TA.

So, I read from another thread that I can transfer a booking made while onboard to a TA and get OBC from the TA subsequently; even after getting onboard and past guest discounts from Viking?

Like everyone else, I'm trying to get the best possible deal. If by moving my booking to a TA, I could gain additional OBC, I'm definitely interested in working with a TA.

It is up to what your TA is willing to offer. Not all TAs offer discounts, rebates or OBC.

I'm thinking of booking on board and then transferring my booking. Before I decide, I'm going to discuss it with my TA.

We have recently booked our first Viking Ocean cruise and we did it direct with Viking by phone.

The service was excellent and we got an extra discount along with the early booking offer that was on. I won't give details but it was well worth our while. We also had very good service from their flight department who was on the phone to us as soon as the schedule was released and got us the upgrade to business class we wanted at a good rate.

So far I am more than happy with the service we've had with them.

How far ahead of your trip did they let you know the air arrangements. We are signed up for using their Business air but, we normally book our own air. I noticed that someone posted on CC that they saved $1600 0ver Viking air. We book our air as soon as the airlines allow.