Private tour recommendations in Cozumel

Cruising4funnow

Like many I am sure- eastern was changed to western. We will be in Cozumel next week and looking for private tour to take us around Cozumel for sight seeing and beach time. I looked it the port is going to be packed with ships Oct 5th.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

We have used ToursPlaza many times

https://toursplaza.com/hiring-a-driver/

They will discuss where you want to go and what you want to do before you leave. Much quieter on the east side and Punta Sur. You can either have beach time at Punta Morena (no ocean swimming) or do a tour and get dropped off at a beach on west side to taxi back at your leisure. Very good communications with booking.

If you know exactly where you want to go in advance you can negotiate a number of hours with a taxi at the port.

• 2 weeks later...

I have compiled a list from past visits... Also, I posted a question on Tripadvisor a few weeks ago for the "Cozumel experts" and came up with a few "new to me" places to try. My current favorites are Mezcalitos on the East side. La Choza has a great one as well. I'm going to try out the coconut cabana / Liquor Box on the East side. Dicks Dive in San Miguel, The Green House Cigar Bar (also in San Miguel) If I survive through all of these, I may try out Woodys, and a new place called La Refirina that's supposed to be good...

Margarita tour??? Where will you go?

Sounds yummy!

I have compiled a list from past visits... Also, I posted a question on Tripadvisor a few weeks ago for the "Cozumel experts" and came up with a few "new to me" places to try. My current favorites are Mezcalitos on the East side. La Choza has a great one as well. I'm going to try out the coconut cabana / Liquor Box on the East side. Dicks Dive in San Miguel, The Green House Cigar Bar (also in San Miguel) If I survive through all of these, I may try out Woodys, and a new place called La Refirina that's supposed to be good...

La refirina is the only one I haven't heard of and don't see any links. Where is this located?

We have used Tour Plaza twice and had Leo both times, he is great. We do a loop around the back side of the island. We stop at Playa Bonita for lunch and I highly recommend it. Also hit the Bob Marley Bar and Coconuts. Coconuts is no place for kids tho I'll warn you.

We have used Tour Plaza twice and had Leo both times, he is great. We do a loop around the back side of the island. We stop at Playa Bonita for lunch and I highly recommend it. Also hit the Bob Marley Bar and Coconuts. Coconuts is no place for kids tho I'll warn you.

How much are the tours and do you book ahead of time? Or are there cabs waiting for you when you get off the boat???

How much are the tours and do you book ahead of time? Or are there cabs waiting for you when you get off the boat???

ToursPlaza and Black Hats have websites and you can book direct. Prices are listed for ToursPlaza, I think you still need to ask Black Hats.

ToursPlaza has very efficient booking system and a team of drivers, not sure if Black Hats is still just Cresecio or if he has a team now also.

If you know exactly where you want to go and don't need guidance, easy enough to pick up taxi at the pier (lots available) for required number of hours and lower price - really depends what you are comfortable with and if you know what you want to do - they are drivers not guides.

We booked ahead of time. You can check them out on tripadvisor and get the website. You pay by the hour depending on how long you want to stay out. Can't remember the exact cost.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

Tours with a private driver have a minimum of 3 hours and have to be better booked in advance due to taxi union rules.

Hiring a driver from Tours Plaza is $107 per hour for first 3 hours and then $25 for an additional 4th hour. You book that in advance. Cabs are available at port but those, if I remember correctly, are more to take you somewhere and drop you off and charge by destination.