Miami/Fort Lauderdale Hotels on the beach...going to drive myself mad

lyrehc0521

I really need some help. I'm taking a cruise out of Miami with my daughter 1/7 to 1/14.

My plan is to arrive in Fort Lauderdale on 1/6 and stay overnight and head to Miami on 1/7.

When we return from the cruise on 1/14 I want to stay one night in Miami and head home on 1/15.

I've been searching all week for the best hotels on the beach, one in Fort Lauderdale for the night of 1/6 and one in Miami for the night of 1/14. We don't care about the party scene. My budget is about $300-$350/night. I would like a room with two double beds but if we had to we could share a king. I would love a hotel with a really nice pool. I have been searching non-stop for the past two days and every time I find something I think is in my price range, once the fees and taxes get added on it jumps to over $400/night. I just don't want to pay that.

I would appreciate any recommendations/suggestions! Worse case, the hotel in Miami doesn't have to be on the beach. I have a feeling that after 7 days at sea we're not going to really care. I have read through so many of these threads my head is pounding and I'm still getting nowhere.

We like the Doubletree Galleria in FLL. I have gotten some really large (two room suites with kitchenette) nice rooms there below your budget. It's not on the beach but on the water and the water taxi stops there. We also like the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort. It is right on the beach and can be a little pricey. However, I have still gotten nice rooms under your budget. I have a suite with balcony overlooking the beach booked there next week for $185.

Margaritaville on Hollywood Beach. Insane pool with slide, waterfall. Lots to do. On the Broadwalk. On the beach. Flowrider. Restaurants. Bars. Stuff to walk and see. Live music stage on the beach right in front of the hotel. Etc.

No brainer. And it should be within your budget. Ocean view - 2 queens, $360 for your 1/6 date. Though I guess it does jump to over $400. But what's another $100 :) Anyways, that's what I would do.

I really need some help. I'm taking a cruise out of Miami with my daughter 1/7 to 1/14.

My plan is to arrive in Fort Lauderdale on 1/6 and stay overnight and head to Miami on 1/7.

When we return from the cruise on 1/14 I want to stay one night in Miami and head home on 1/15.

I've been searching all week for the best hotels on the beach, one in Fort Lauderdale for the night of 1/6 and one in Miami for the night of 1/14. We don't care about the party scene. My budget is about $300-$350/night. I would like a room with two double beds but if we had to we could share a king. I would love a hotel with a really nice pool. I have been searching non-stop for the past two days and every time I find something I think is in my price range, once the fees and taxes get added on it jumps to over $400/night. I just don't want to pay that.

I would appreciate any recommendations/suggestions! Worse case, the hotel in Miami doesn't have to be on the beach. I have a feeling that after 7 days at sea we're not going to really care. I have read through so many of these threads my head is pounding and I'm still getting nowhere.

There is a fairly new hotel at Fort Lauderdale called the Conrad Hilton. It is right across the street from the beach. I think the location is perfect. Price might be slightly higher then you want unless you do an advance purchase but you can join Hilton at no cost and get the discount.

Keith

Blue Moon Autograph for Miami Beach. Went crazy trying to figure out best place to stay after our family March cruise. Found this hotel and it was perfect- so much so that hubby and I will be staying for 2 nights ahead of our Dec cruise. Perfect walkable location to access all the sites. Not directly on the beach, but a mere couple block walk. Lovely pool, lobby and front porch as well. It is in south beach so it got a bit noisy the night we were there with the spring break crowds, but more lively than bothersome.

I'm looking for Fort Lauderdale hotel for night after our cruise, so interested in the responses you receive. Unfortunately both Double Tree suggestions are booked.

Thank you so much everyone!

After reviewing some of the suggestions, I think I might need to lower my price. The taxes and resort fees can add to up well over $100 on top of the room price. The more I think about it, since we're going to be cruising for 8 days and our excursions are all beach related, we may not need something right on the beach in Fort Lauderdale.