Naples Florida?

SadieC

Very much looking forward to our Panama cruise in November, and have added on an extra five days after the cruise to explore Naples Florida. Any advice on what the hurricane damage might have been there? Should we postpone that part of the trip and visit at a later date?

We would very much appreciate any alternate ideas that may be appropriate. Infinity docks in Fort Lauderdale the end of November and we are flying out from that airport five days later. Many thanks!

I live in Fort Myers and work in Naples. The damage here in SWFL was not nearly as bad as it could have been. Power has been restored everywhere already and things are more or less back to normal. There is a lot of destroyed vegetation and signage mostly. A few areas of Collier County, like Immokalee and Everglades City, had more significant damage. Depending on what you are planning to do with your time in Naples, you should be fine visiting at the end of November. They just may still be in the process of removing all the piles of vegetative debris. Right now they are estimating that may take a few more months to complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're just back from Naples 2 days ago. While alot of landscaping still is being cleaned up, power is restored, stores and restaurants are open & it's getting back to normal. We didn't make it to the beaches but some sand was lost but will be replaced in due time. There are pockets of more substantial damage including Bonita Springs, Marco Island & Immokalee, but generally Naples is great to visit.

One of the nicest places to go in Naples is the zoo at Caribbean Gardens. The grounds were seriously destroyed but being replaced and the animals are all fine. The zoo is reopening in October so by the time you get there everything should be up and running. Enjoy. I LOVE Naples..it's just beautiful.

:hearteyes:

There is a very "toney" area for shopping called "The Waterside Shops" at Rt. 41 and Pine Ridge Road. Good restaurants, too. You might enjoy the experience.

There is also the Naples Philharmonic, which now has a different name.

I have great memories of time spent in Naples...my parents had a condo there...great restaurants...one of my favorites is The Dock...not too far from Tin City. Now that you've asked, hope you get lots of recommendations!

I live in Naples. Biggest problem would be that some of the major hotels on the beach were damaged and may not be taking reservations.. The rest of town is slowly getting back to normal. The Phil is now called Artis-Naples. . The Baker Museum attached is excellent. Another upscale shopping area is Mercado. The restaurants on 5th Avenue are up and running.