Cozumel and Costa Maya Ports- excursions at each one ?

LuvinDisCruiser

We want to do a tour of the island with a beach break included.

Would one port be better than the other to do a tour like this ?

My parents have never been on a cruise or any island, we want them to see

more than just the port area, but of course see the beauty of the clear water of the ocean.

We will also have two teens, any suggestions for either island would be great.

We will be going in January, on Vision of the sea.

Thank you.

We visited Tropicante in Costa Maya - no fee for chairs or umbrellas - just pay for food and drinks - reserved chairs/loungers in advance via email to owner, Steve - were there with a group from our roll call

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g499450-d1421462-Reviews-Tropicante_Ameri_Mex_Grill-Mahahual_Costa_Maya_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Costa Maya is not an island and the only tour you could do would be to the ruins or Bacalar lake. Many people use Native Choice. Otherwise you have the choice of many beach bars along the malecon (5 min taxi) or a couple of AI day pass beach bars (Maya Chan or Almaplena) a little further away. Beach breaks easy to do here without a tour.

Cozumel is an island, where you can do a tour and choose from numerous types of beach clubs. We always use ToursPlaza.

Google these places and companies for further details.

Good to know, thank you ! So, we will plan a tour In Cozumel and beach day in Costa Maya. I Can start planning !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Depending on the activity level everyone can do and your time in the ports, I would probably do a beach day in Cozumel at one of the beach clubs and a ruins tour with Native Choice in Costa Maya. To see any major ruins from Cozumel, you must take a ferry to the mainland which can be rough and makes for a long day.

I agree with the above...

Many nice beach clubs on Cozumel... Some all-inclusive. Some quieter, some are more lively/active with music, large water inflatables out off of the beach, etc.

I am not familiar with Costa Maya, but know that some of the recommended beach clubs at Cozumel would be Mr. Sanchos, Playa Mia, Paradise Beach, or one can go over to Isla Passion. A quieter more exclusive beach day would be Nachi Cocom.

Also one can do snorkeling at Chankanaab Park, Money Bar, Sky Reef, and other places.

Taxis to any of these places should be fairly easy and not too expensive.

I think one can also do like a jeep tour that takes you all the way down the the State/National park and beach.

• 1 month later...

You can hire a taxi by the hour (probably need 3-4 hours for a Cozumel island tour) and then have him drop you at one of the popular beach clubs until it is time to head back to the ship. Paradise beach offers great facilities and a HUGE pool plus nice beach, water toys for the teens, etc. for a $3 admission fee/chair rental.

You can pre-book a private tour through Black Hat or other popular tour companies on Cozumel.

We have been to Cozumel many times. It’s our favorite port. We typically rent a Jeep and drive the island at our our pace. That way you stop where you want for as long as you want. There are numerous beaches along the way- some more busy than others. There are a couple of beach restaurants as well. Our favorite is coconuts. It’s up on a cliff. The view is extraordinary. They only take cash- so keep that in mind. The cost I the Jeep with insurance runs $100-$125 for the day. The island is very easy to get around- there’s very few roads away from town.

I highly recommend this “self tour”

I am booked for maya chan (2nd time) and mr sanchos (first time) for next cruise in April! I decided on mr sanchos over nachi in Cozumel. This will be our third time in Cozumel. We did a snorkel trip from one of the vendors in port and that was ok. We went to three spots in a very small boat with about 10 other people. We also did xel ha booked with rccl and that was amazing! It was a long trip there and back but the time there was very fun. We did not get a chance to see any of Cozumel on that trip.