New to Norwegian Escape, any tips?

Check the Freestyle Dailies for events in the Atrium. (Love and Marriage, Deal or no Deal, Battle of the Sexes, etc) Get there at least 20 minutes early to get decent seats. It is worth it as the shows are very entertaining.

We had a lot of fun at the Spice H2O parties at night. The 80s party was great and we were all singing to the top of our lungs!

OSheehans is open 24/7 and has really good food overall. And there is no charge. Go to the rail that overlooks the Atrium events below and they will bring your food and drinks out there to you. The main OSheehans bar is right there; makes for a perfect place to enjoy movies, etc on the big screen in the Atrium.

I thought the Thermal spa was absolutely worth the extra cost. But plenty of folks would feel otherwise. It was the most relaxing place I think I have ever been. I am so disappointed because it is closed for maintenance when I cruise on her again next Saturday.

There are tons of entertainment venues and options. Dont try to do them all.

You will get the layout of the ship very quickly. It has a very nice flow to it. Dont let the elevators frustrate you too much.

Enjoy the cruise!!!!

Thank you Tony! Does OSheehans server bar food? Does it play kids/family movies?

O'Sheehans serves typical pub food. Fish n chips, burgers, hot dogs, wings etc. Usually just sports on the tv. The atrium shows movies twice a day, massive screen. The main theatre also shows movies and occasionally Spice H2O does.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you Tony! Does OSheehans server bar food? Does it play kids/family movies?

There are some games in O'Sheehan's to play. Has a couple of pool tables also.

2 bowling lanes right across from O'Sheehans also.

Might be thinking of Epic though, which has all of the above.

Check the Freestyle Dailies for events in the Atrium. (Love and Marriage, Deal or no Deal, Battle of the Sexes, etc) Get there at least 20 minutes early to get decent seats. It is worth it as the shows are very entertaining.

We had a lot of fun at the Spice H2O parties at night. The 80s party was great and we were all singing to the top of our lungs!

OSheehans is open 24/7 and has really good food overall. And there is no charge. Go to the rail that overlooks the Atrium events below and they will bring your food and drinks out there to you. The main OSheehans bar is right there; makes for a perfect place to enjoy movies, etc on the big screen in the Atrium.

I thought the Thermal spa was absolutely worth the extra cost. But plenty of folks would feel otherwise. It was the most relaxing place I think I have ever been. I am so disappointed because it is closed for maintenance when I cruise on her again next Saturday.

There are tons of entertainment venues and options. Dont try to do them all.

You will get the layout of the ship very quickly. It has a very nice flow to it. Dont let the elevators frustrate you too much.

Enjoy the cruise!!!!

Hi! Is there away to know ahead of time if your cruise will be having an 80's party or white party, ect.. So you can pack accordingly??

Thank you

Hi! Is there away to know ahead of time if your cruise will be having an 80's party or white party, ect.. So you can pack accordingly??

Thank you

The white hot party has been replaced with the glow party. Neon glow sticks etc. the 80’s party is on a different night.

Dear all, we are a family of four, DH, DD(6), DS(4) and me. Just booked Escape for this Christmas. We have been on Princess and MSC a couple of times. This is our first cruise with NCL. Is there any tips you could share with us?

We have never been to "free style" cruise before. We are very used to go to the same dining room in the same table at the same time. Any suggestions? Free style is a little overwhelmed to us. Do we have to do extra work to learn which dining room has what and make reservation early?

About the kids club, is it good? DD loved the kids club on Princess but refused to go to the kids club on MSC.

:)

just my view and others may differ: Kids club: great granddaughter has cruised on NCL 3 times, when she was just under 4, when she was 7 and 9. Everytime she loved the kids club. I have sailed with others that have small kids and think NCL has one of the best programs. Probably if she liked :Princess she will love NCL> Both of the girls should.

Freestyle: don't let it overwelm you at all. The main difference is not having the same server all the time and sometimes, depending on what time you eat, you may have to wait a few minutes for a table, like in a popular land restaurant.It is not a bad thing. If it was, other ships woud not have copied NCL on this. Do remember, the busiest time is going to be from just before 7pm to about 8pm.

You will find NCL much more relaxed than MSC or Princess. I know the MSC ships are beautiful but have heard a lot of negatives about them as well. Of course, again, that is opinion. They are more Europian than NCL or Princess.

Just remember, each ship has its own personality but most mass marketed lines are more alike than different. Have a great cruise but expect crowds sailing at Christmas time. If you haven't sailed that week before, it will be an interesting experience. ;)

I just thought of one more thing: if you plan on taking the girls to an upscale dining room, remember the experience will last at least an hour and 1/2 if not longer and little ones can get restless. I am mainly thinking of Le Bistro. It is doable but be prepared for relaxed, unrushed dining. Tapenyakis (spelling) is a fun restaurant for kids.

Thank you so very much newmexicoNita for all the detailed information!!!

Great to know Escape has good kids club! Looking forward to it! We have been to several Christmas cruises and it's okay for us. And both princess and MSC had Santa came out to give big gifts to each kids. Does Escape have that too? We normally pack and hide some wrapped Christmas gifts for the kids, taking out at midnight after they sleep anyway. Just curious.

Thank you for comfort me about the free style dining. Seems there won't be line waiting, etc. If we go at 5 or 6, will that be no waiting? Also, can we go there for breakfast and lunch too? We like formal dining room because we can talk to each other instead of running around to get food in buffet.

Thanks again!

just my view and others may differ: Kids club: great granddaughter has cruised on NCL 3 times, when she was just under 4, when she was 7 and 9. Everytime she loved the kids club. I have sailed with others that have small kids and think NCL has one of the best programs. Probably if she liked :Princess she will love NCL> Both of the girls should.

Freestyle: don't let it overwelm you at all. The main difference is not having the same server all the time and sometimes, depending on what time you eat, you may have to wait a few minutes for a table, like in a popular land restaurant.It is not a bad thing. If it was, other ships woud not have copied NCL on this. Do remember, the busiest time is going to be from just before 7pm to about 8pm.

You will find NCL much more relaxed than MSC or Princess. I know the MSC ships are beautiful but have heard a lot of negatives about them as well. Of course, again, that is opinion. They are more Europian than NCL or Princess.

Just remember, each ship has its own personality but most mass marketed lines are more alike than different. Have a great cruise but expect crowds sailing at Christmas time. If you haven't sailed that week before, it will be an interesting experience. ;)

I just thought of one more thing: if you plan on taking the girls to an upscale dining room, remember the experience will last at least an hour and 1/2 if not longer and little ones can get restless. I am mainly thinking of Le Bistro. It is doable but be prepared for relaxed, unrushed dining. Tapenyakis (spelling) is a fun restaurant for kids.

O'Sheehans serves typical pub food. Fish n chips, burgers, hot dogs, wings etc. Usually just sports on the tv. The atrium shows movies twice a day, massive screen. The main theatre also shows movies and occasionally Spice H2O does.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you! Sounds interesting! Does O'Sheehans open all day? And guests have unlimited visit?

Thank you NCLfamily! What does he do? Why he's called chocolate cowboy? Just curious so I can explain to the other three.

Bartends at 5 o'clock Somewhere Bar on the Waterfront.

He always wears a cowboy hat and is African( American) or should I say whatever country he is from. I forgot.

He makes a great drink of whatever your likes are!

Great bartender.

• 3 weeks later...

Make sure you attend the Shirt painting for kids white party. They provide tee shirts and neon paint. They are larger sizes so our grand children 5 under 4YO wore as dresses. I would bring my own smaller ones next time. The kids white party was a blast music, dancing, and games. It was one of our favorite nights!

This thread has been very helpful. I'm also sailing with my family over Christmas. First time on NCL, but have sailed quite a few times on MSC, also on Celebrity, Disney and Carnival. I really enjoy MSC including not have to think too much about when/where to eat or what show to see at night. Less variety, but all quite good.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Forums mobile app