Do you wish Celebrity went to the Falkland Islands

zitsky

Coming from river cruise, no experience with Ocean. Noticed some other cruise companies with South America schedule also go to Falkland Islands. I've always been curious about that place. Does anyone wish that Celebrity went there?

We went to the Falkland Islands on the Infinity this past February. We were fortunate as the wind and sometimes make docking impossible. We had a beautiful sunny warm day.

Thanks. It's really hard to decide whether to do a (1) Antarctica and (2) Falklands cruise or do one that goes from (3) Buenos Aires to (4) Valparaiso/Santiago.

We did the Flaklands with Celebrity several years ago. It was one of my favorite ports of the cruise, One of the best tours ever to see the Penguins. I would love to go again but as much as I love Celebrity I would opt for an expedition ship this time so that we could do actual landings in Antarctica as well.

We did the Antarctic with Celebrity’s sister line Azamara and were lucky enough that the weather was kind and we could call at the Falkland Islands(Port Stanley), we had a lovely day there. Weather is the big if in the Antarctic, we were moored off Ushuaia but couldn’t get in because of high winds. The ship was reprovisioning at this port and Food and fuel had to be left on the dock. Staff has to source replacements at our next port of call.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sadly our cruise on Infinity a few years back was subject to bad weather - we didn't make it to the Falklands at all (which was my highlight) and we had very reduced time in the Antarctic waters.

Now I learn only 50% of cruise ships actually make into Port Stanley, not the type of place you want to overnight as has happened with very limited hotels - the weather can change dramatically so I am told.