Cabin change within category-guarantee rate

SeaWatch12

We are on the Dec 21 Miami holiday sailing on the Eclipse this year and the Aqua class cabin price for a GTY went down to $1599 pp We had already paid $3099 pp for aqua room 1650. Since we are still 68 days out from sailing the cancellation fee was $900 total. After rebooking we still received a credit of $2385. Thanks to this thread I realized I could call and ask for a room change so I called and got back the same room 1650. I am a pretty happy camper.

So you are saying they let you cancel and then re-book the exact same cruise under the GTY price? I thought they did not allow that.

Also did you keep whatever perks you had or did you lose them when you rebooked?

So you are saying they let you cancel and then re-book the exact same cruise under the GTY price? I thought they did not allow that.

Also did you keep whatever perks you had or did you lose them when you rebooked?

I paid the $450 pp cancelation fee. And even after paying that the savings were almost $2400 in a refund. This reduced the price of the Celebrity insurance plan we bought as well.

We do not use the go better or go best deals as the numbers don’t work for us. We paid separately the sale price of $46 pp per day for the premium beverage package and we prepaid our gratuities.

We don’t use internet while cruising and the $150 OBC doesn’t make it add up.

We had no other perks on our original booking.

I paid the $450 pp cancelation fee. And even after paying that the savings were almost $2400 in a refund. This reduced the price of the Celebrity insurance plan we bought as well.

We do not use the go better or go best deals as the numbers don’t work for us. We paid separately the sale price of $46 pp per day for the premium beverage package and we prepaid our gratuities.

We don’t use internet while cruising and the $150 OBC doesn’t make it add up.

We had no other perks on our original booking.

Good for you. We ALMOST always book without Go Big, etc. since we are Elite+. We get free drinks, morning and afternoon and free Cafe Al Bacio plus 240 minutes of free internet. So taking the lower pre-perks cruise price works out best for us.

Glad you were able to score such a good deal.

We are on the Dec 21 Miami holiday sailing on the Eclipse this year and the Aqua class cabin price for a GTY went down to $1599 pp We had already paid $3099 pp for aqua room 1650. Since we are still 68 days out from sailing the cancellation fee was $900 total. After rebooking we still received a credit of $2385. Thanks to this thread I realized I could call and ask for a room change so I called and got back the same room 1650. I am a pretty happy camper.

Glad to hear that it worked out for you in and in such a big way.

Switching to your original cabin makes it all the better!

Enjoy the cruise, I'll be on the Eclipse in the spring.

Mark