??? About FTTF

LNNLNNLNN

Haven't cruised Carnival in a few years and never used this before..some of us like to get on the ship as soon as we can...with FTTF do we still have to select a check in time? There are 9 of us sailing so we would have to coordinate choosing the same time..it opened up on our May 5 Magic sailing last week..I was able to get all 4 cabins (barely) so we all have it.

Haven't cruised Carnival in a few years and never used this before..some of us like to get on the ship as soon as we can...with FTTF do we still have to select a check in time? There are 9 of us sailing so we would have to coordinate choosing the same time..it opened up on our May 5 Magic sailing last week..I was able to get all 4 cabins (barely) so we all have it.

You still choose a check in time; however, with FTTF you can check in whenever you wish. Choosing a time is just a formality.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can check in at any time you like but you still have to pick a time.

Remember there is a difference between a "check in time" and the time you actually board the ship.

Only 1 person in each cabin needs to buy FTTF and then the whole cabin can use it.

So, if we already purchased FTTF pick a late time so others that don't have FTTF can have the earlier times?

I don't believe so. With FTTF, you have the option of earlier times than everyone else. By picking a later time, that doesn't make those earlier times available to those who did not purchase FTTF. If you pick a later time, and that slot fills up, it might actually push the non-FTTF people into having to pick an even later time.

I would suggest that you just pick the early time and arrive whenever you want since you have FTTF. You'll be in a separate line anyway, so your idea of helping others is admirable, but in reality wouldn't really do anything.

I would choose the available time closest to when you're actually going to board. If you're going to board early, it is "better" to take an earlier time, since that would help the staggered arrival appointment times do what they're supposed to: spread passenger arrivals out over several hours. If, for example, everyone who had FTTF chose a late arrival time but still arrived early, then the check-in at that earlier time will be far more crowded than it should be.

No you don't.

You can check in at any time you like but you still have to pick a time.

Remember there is a difference between a "check in time" and the time you actually board the ship.

Only 1 person in each cabin needs to buy FTTF and then the whole cabin can use it.

Visions of the Hotel California dancing in my head...

No you don't.

Wrong. You DO have to choose, but you can arrive at your leisure.

Visions of the Hotel California dancing in my head...

% You can check in any time you like / But you can NEVER leave.... %

(Or you might not WANT to. :) )