atlantis excursion nassau

jptoz

purchased atlantis excursion through RC. does anyone know if you can get the passes in advance, or do you need to travel with the group. would like to walk around the grounds earlier then the excursion time. (9 to 2) Also how long would it take to get back to the ship. 6 pm is all aboard time. i feel 2 is to early to leave atlantis, am i crazy for thinking that way.

thanks for any info.

I have never done the ships tour to Atlantis. I spent about 9 nights at Atlantis in December 2012. With those caveats out of the way. I know it doesn't take but a max of 30 minutes to get to and from the resort and the cruise ship terminal. So, while I think 2pm is way too early, if I was doing the excursion, I would think 4pm would be a reasonable time to leave the resort. If the goal is the hang at the pools and slides and other water features that should be a reasonable amount of time at the resort.

JC

Atlantis is easy to do on your own. I would seriously consider cancelling your excursion and just getting off the ship when you want, taking a taxi to Atlantis and purchasing tickets there. When you are ready to return just jump in a cab.

If you have 4 in your party it can be significantly cheaper to rent a room at the Comfort Suites which will give you full access to Atlantis.

We did the all day with water park three years ago. We did go on the ships shuttle and at some point we got wrist bands that allowed us to walk around the grounds without getting kicked out. It's not a long drive back to the ship, but if you wait to late everybody will be lining up to catch the ship shuttles. You could probably take a taxi back anytime you wanted and avoid the queue.

I would check with the excursion desk and see if maybe you can get your wrist bands in advance or meet up with one of the shuttle buses out front of the hotel and get one.

WARNING: don't lock your property in the lockers at the dolphin experience or maybe anyplace on property. We were there two weeks ago and somebody cracked the code either with a master key or master code and took our backpack with cel phones, passports, etc. The hotel was indifferent to the entire incident and claimed no video cameras covered the lockers (REALLY!). Another reason to have trip insurance.

Buy it directly from Atlantis, hop in a cab, you will get there earlier and save money. It about 15 minutes away.

Did exactly this two weeks ago. Booked in advance on the Atlantis website for $156/pp. Spent the day there. Taxi from ship took about 15 minutes and it was $4/pp. Super easy and on our own time schedule.

We did this a few weeks ago through RCI. The only reason I booked through them was because there was another storm brewing and I could cancel if needed.

We also did not want to wait for everyone in the group - which was a meeting time of 10:15 on pier 3, and I didn't want the hassle and lack of flexibility of moving as a group in a shuttle etc...

We tried to get out wristbands the night before, and again the next morning, but it was not possible because they actually come from an Atlantis rep.

Luckily around 9:30 on the pier my wife noticed a guy heading our way in an Atlantis shirt carrying a bag with wrist bands hanging out. He had a list and reluctantly gave us of bands on the spot.

We hopped in a taxi - and paid the $40 for the entire taxi, and we were at Atlantis in 10 mins and on the slides at 10:15.

We did notice that the group arrived at 11:45 - which I would not have been happy about.

If I were to do it again, I would book direct.

I've read before that you have to arrive with the group etc and they will turn you away. It's so easy to do on your own, just jump in a taxi and then you can do your own thing. It's 8 mins from the port

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

when i look, it seems its only 3 miles from port to atlantis. cant imagine taking more than 15 minutes in a taxi

am i wrong?

Probably less than 15 minutes once they start out, but the taxis wait to be filled up.