Essentials Travel Protection Plan

dalmoradie

Did anybody else get an email from NCL about a new travel insurance you can buy after final payment?

Does anybody know how I can buy this?

No and I just paid off 2 cruises. It is easy though to get travel insurance after final payment. I use insuremytrip dot com and they will insure up until the day before the cruise. Plus you get more coverage for less cost than what NCL charges.

No and I just paid off 2 cruises. It is easy though to get travel insurance after final payment. I use insuremytrip dot com and they will insure up until the day before the cruise. Plus you get more coverage for less cost than what NCL charges.

I was interested because it says it's only $25 per guest and it includes travel arrangement, medical and baggage protection.

I will give them a call tonight and inquire more about it.

I was interested because it says it's only $25 per guest and it includes travel arrangement, medical and baggage protection.

I will give them a call tonight and inquire more about it.

What sort of "medical" protection?

And, does is include payment is you cancel? And for what reason?

Also, does it include medical evacuation - the biggest expense that is possible?

$25 can not cover much.

What sort of "medical" protection?

And, does is include payment is you cancel? And for what reason?

Also, does it include medical evacuation - the biggest expense that is possible?

$25 can not cover much.

Here’s a screen capture of the email. Looks like it covers enough for a great price...

93be0e743a32ea288dfa0237b890ec83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here’s a screen capture of the email. Looks like it covers enough for a great price...

93be0e743a32ea288dfa0237b890ec83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Based on that screen grap, it looks like a bargain for $25. It does not cover the part MANY folks buy insurance for - cancellation. Which to me is the part I do not worry about. Okay, I worry about it,but not enough to spend money on insuring it.

I will say what I usually say. EVERYONE that books and pays for a cruise can afford to cancel and get nothing back. What they can not afford is the agony and disappoint of paying for something they can not use.

This is apparently fairly new with NCL's offering - and, yes, for a low flat rate of $25 p/p as mentioned for 7 days sailing.

It was offered to one of my BIL after final payment as they have some insurance via their credit card - this plan is secondary in coverage but good for medical evacuation, which can be rather expensive. I looked into this for them, at their request, with 3 seniors aged around 70 - it's very reasonable as a "safety net" - retirees 30-45 minutes from homeport aren't worried about hurricane or trip cancellations. Still, there is trip delay coverage, medical expenses including accident & sickness, and repatriation along with evacuation - good for their needs. NCL agent added the coverage, billed their CC and email a confirmation as proof of enrollment/coverage, less than 20 days from sailing - shown on their MyNCL Reservation's detailed summary.

The closest coverage offered by the major online insurance booking as mentioned is more than doubled their cost of $75 thru NCL. It is not a premium plan with deluxe options, but a good buy vs. "self-insured" for peace of mind.