Has anyone received their Ocean Medallion yet?

tawlaw1526

The more I read up on these medallions the more bother they seem to be, apart from the unreliable door lock on cabins the system seem perfectly ok to me.

Keep an open mind. It goes much beyond what might be out there.. and one has to believe it will improve as days go by.

The more I read up on these medallions the more bother they seem to be, apart from the unreliable door lock on cabins the system seem perfectly ok to me.

How can you, or anybody else for that matter, claim that there is an unreliable lock on the cabins when the system has not even been used by the public yet. The first Medallion cruise doesn't even begin boarding passengers until tomorrow???

Tom

I believe the statement refers to the previous system that is still extant on most of the ships. The door locks (low batteries) and the keys (de-magnetized) used with the current cruise cards would be what is referenced. The poster is stating that, aside from those minor issues, the current system works fine and he can see no reason for the medallions. Personally, I look forward to the medallions but I realize many don't.

I am on Dec 10 Regal and have not heard I am or am not part of *****. From other forums, cabins above and below mine are part. As I did not get an email saying I was out, I was guessing I was in. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After reading all the roll-out releases and understanding Ocean Medallion is at passenger option - if used - sure sounds like an involved process of required time consuming tasks previously accomplished by a simple single cruise card - not to mention privacy issues. IMO - Princess cruising is a wonderful way to get-away from all that electronic stuff and relax. But - will definitely give it a fair try on an upcoming ***** cruise.