Has anyone received their Ocean Medallion yet?

tawlaw1526

I was having 2nd thoughts yesterday about cancelling the inaugural cruise...but I'm happy I did!!!

Just got off the Regal yesterday, she is definitely not ready for the Ocean Medallion yet. The technicians are on board and feverishly working on getting the ship ready. They were loading huge satellites on to the ship yesterday as we were disembarking. Heard from a head waiter that it will still be a couple of weeks before the medallions will be in use.

How do they look?!! Are they heavy? Did you get the bracelet or are you getting the lanyard at the port?

They are blue with a blue band. Really nice looking . Not heavy . They look exactly like the promo photos . They are magnetic and snap in place. Our names are on them along with Regal Princess and date of the cruise.

I was having 2nd thoughts yesterday about cancelling the inaugural cruise...but I'm happy I did!!!

Us too - but we booked the Crown on 11/13 for 5 days instead of the B2B at a huge savings. Maybe we'll book the Regal for a future cruise - who knows..

They are blue with a blue band. Really nice looking . Not heavy . They look exactly like the promo photos . They are magnetic and snap in place. Our names are on them along with Regal Princess and date of the cruise.

Very nice! I know they said that the Captain's circle colors won't start until later.

They should be calling you soon to walk you through your online set up with your preferences. At least that's what they told me last night. Once you go the medallion someone would call.

Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Very nice! I know they said that the Captain's circle colors won't start until later.

They should be calling you soon to walk you through your online set up with your preferences. At least that's what they told me last night. Once you go the medallion someone would call.

Looking forward to hearing all about it!

No phone call as yet. We have had our room changed 3 times from the original booking. Should be an interesting 2 days

No phone call as yet. We have had our room changed 3 times from the original booking. Should be an interesting 2 days

Wow!! I keep looking at the 11/13 sailing since there are still so many cabins open. It's so tempting.

We're on the Regal 11/26. I got an email today telling me to call to confirm my address to mail my medallions and wrist bands. Just got off the phone and they are mailing them to us. She said we could pick them up at the port, but I figured why wait in another line. They had told me previously that my cabin wouldn't get it. She said they showed that I had requested the Medallion Class service. I asked if my cabin had been changed and she said no and confirmed I still had the same cabin, M227.

Has anyone received their Ocean Medallion in the mail for any of the upcoming Medallion cruises on Regal? We are on the first 3 Medallion cruises on Regal, Nov 13th, 15th and 19th. We received a separate email for each cruise from Princess saying congratulations your cabin is a part of the Ocean Medallion Preview cruise and more information to follow. A couple days later, Princess called the house to say our first 2 cruises were not a part of the Ocean Medallion but our 3rd cruise was. We have not heard anything since and we have not received our Medallions in the mail.

The Regal has already started the conversion. We got off the Regal in Fort Lauderdale on Sunday and on Saturday night they converted one of our three cabins. We could not access the cabin with our existing cruise card.

26493782939_b5675073f9_z.jpgMedallion Conversion _3189 by Howard , on Flickr

We had to get a new card that had the RFID chip in it to open the cabin door. They gave us a $50 credit for the hassle.

The Medallion will contain the RFID chip when all cabins have been converted.

Howard

I wonder why they didn't complete all this when they were in Dry Dock this year.

I think because they are extensive testing it as they roll it out.

If you have a problem after conversion they give you a $50 OBC

Howard

Have you been able to create your acct on the app?

We booked the 11/13 voyage not expecting to be part of the ***** rollout. The voyage to Nassau, which we haven't been to for 25 years and the fact that balcony cabin is $49.00 a day made this all happen. Helps to live just north of Port Everglades. I would expect to see some rough edges during the first couple of voyages with the *****. By the time we board the Regal late February she should be good to go.

We booked the 11/13 voyage not expecting to be part of the ***** rollout. The voyage to Nassau, which we haven't been to for 25 years and the fact that balcony cabin is $49.00 a day made this all happen. Helps to live just north of Port Everglades. I would expect to see some rough edges during the first couple of voyages with the *****. By the time we board the Regal late February she should be good to go.

I keep checking the prices and I'm getting $199 per person for the balcony. At $49 I would grab it!

I'm curious - if you get a coffee card will they load that on the *****, I always thought that having a card was kind of stupid, why not load it to the 'cabin'?

Well if they do, I hope they let me add my two cards that I already have.

Suppose they load a coffee card to a *****. What happens at the end of the cruise with unused punches?

And how many arguments would ensue when a person was told they were out of "punches" and they claimed they had some left? A punch card is pretty definitive in regard to what has or has not been used.

I'm curious - if you get a coffee card will they load that on the *****, I always thought that having a card was kind of stupid, why not load it to the 'cabin'?

How would that work if two friends, both with coffee cards, in the same cabin. A gets a specialty coffee, who does the charge go against? I'm not a coffee drinker so I don't know if there is a serial number of some sort on the card or not. If there is, that would solve the problem.

Tom

The more I read up on these medallions the more bother they seem to be, apart from the unreliable door lock on cabins the system seem perfectly ok to me.

How can you, or anybody else for that matter, claim that there is an unreliable lock on the cabins when the system has not even been used by the public yet. The first Medallion cruise doesn't even begin boarding passengers until tomorrow???

Tom