Places to stay near Fort Lauderdale - any good suggestions please

PinkJellyBaby

We love Lago Mar, take a look at their website. On the beach, family owned, very old Florida. Wonderful pools, restaurants, and service. We only leave the premises to board the ship. A short taxi drive to the pier. Not a big fan of the very busy restaurants and hotels on 17 St. Went to a steak house there first cruise, and could not even hear ourselves talk. Not very relaxing.

I am flying in a few days before my cruise and staying on Hollywood Beach, in a hotel/motel right on the Boardwalk (or is it the Broadwalk!) I have stayed there before and have a shuttle bus from Miami Airport to the Hotel for 20 GBP.

We usually fly in early to Miami and rent a car to drive to Ft Lauderdale, we usually stay at the Westin Beach Hotel in Fort Lauderdale. We check in. Then drop off car down the street and walk the boulevard back. Car rental one way cheaper than taking car service!! Cab to port terminal is about $20. Great location, beach, restaurants, etc. great just to walk boulevard along the beach at nite.

We stayed at the Lago Mar resort prior to our last cruise and loved it. It has an "Old Florida" kind of feel to it. Great beach, 2 pools, restaurant, bar, spa. A lot of the rooms have microwaves and refrigerators - some have full kitchens. I don't believe there is much to walk to....except on the beach, but if you are going to have a car it would be great.

On our Panama Canal cruise a few years ago we could not make connections into Ft Lauderdale so we flew into Miami and the Princess shuttle took us to FLL. We were the only two on the big ol bus. I was really glad we weren't driving. It costs a little more but worth it. Took us to our hotel then to the ship the next day. Back to Miami to catch our flight post cruise. In Feb. we are flying into FLL and staying at Hilton Marina. Our second time. Love waking up and seeing our ship in port. We have also stayed in Sunny Isles FL. Good beach area! Enjoy your trip!

On Princess last cruise, we stayed at the Hilton marina for one night, pre-cruise. This time, we asked for a beach hotel... princess booked us at the B Ocean resort. The critic are worrying us a little bit... the hotel was just renovated and it is right on the beach... so we will see... it is just for one night...

That's where we're staying in January! At least its only one night. Any idea what time the transfers are to the cruise terminal??

Hi Everyone,

My partner and I are flying over to Miami on December 12th, to spent a week in the area before joining our cruise on the Royal Princess on December 20th.

Can anyone suggest any good areas to stay?

We've stayed at the Ramada Airport & Cruiseport and found it nice. Small but nice dining room. Free breakfast, free pickup at A/P and free transport to the cruiseport. Website: http://www.ramadafortlauderdaleairport.com/

Tom