Latitudes: How did i turn to GOLD?

shof515

Didn't know about the double points booking nine months out. Where is this explained on NCL.com?

Under the old latitudes rules you used to get an extra point per night if you booked 9 months out. This was removed when they changed the plan back in February, but they are honouring the extra point if you booked before the date the changes came into effect.

This is noted in the details on the NCL website. If you booked after early February then it doesn’t apply to you.

We just returned from our Panama Canal cruise and received the double points for booking more than 9 months out and also were bumped into Platinum level despite being 3 points shy under the new benefits tier. I’m a happy camper.

According to MY NCL, I am 9 points away from platinum. We booked the 9 day Baltic for next May under an Insider promo which will bring us up to platinum for a future cruise. Two months later we decided to book a 7 day med cruise for the week before with no insider promo. That would leave us two points short of platinum. Do you think they would bump us up to platinum for the Baltic cruise?

According to MY NCL, I am 9 points away from platinum. We booked the 9 day Baltic for next May under an Insider promo which will bring us up to platinum for a future cruise. Two months later we decided to book a 7 day med cruise for the week before with no insider promo. That would leave us two points short of platinum. Do you think they would bump us up to platinum for the Baltic cruise?

Unless the cruise was booked before early February then I doubt it. From what I can tell, they are using the old latitudes levels when the cruise was booked before then. If the cruise was booked after the changes then you need to have the points for the new tier levels.

Nope, why should they?. Platinum takes 80 points.