Florida Experts - Which Airport for MIA Cruise

bizer

We have never used shuttles or hired cars before. With young kids we always figured it would be easiest to have a rental car and be on our schedule.

After some research last night I am starting to second guess the car rental. I see that the Residence Inn and Hampton Inn by the airport offer shuttles from the airport and to the port. If we go that route we would only need a rental or hired car to get to FLL after our cruise.

Are there any car rental agencies next to the port or do you have to go to MIA? If you have to go to MIA are there shuttles from the port?

You don't need a rental car at all. You can take a shuttle to/from BOTH airports there. If all else fails you can just take the cruise line shuttle after your cruise to the airport (either one, they have shuttles to both) and be on for merry way.

Are there any car rental agencies next to the port or do you have to go to MIA? If you have to go to MIA are there shuttles from the port?

I think Alamo & Hertz have downtown offices but have read it can be a nightmare

The others have a shared shuttle to MIA location

Depends on your flight time from FLL but you could always take SAS shuttle to FLL but if you have a late flight maybe a rental car would work better

compare your options

We have our airline tickets booked. We are flying into MIA and flying out of FLL.

I plan to rent a car at MIA and park at the port. Will then return the car to FLL.

Our departing flight leaves in the evening. Any recommendations on what we (2A&2C) could do during that time? Looks like we will have 6-7 hours to spare.

You were willing to drive down from Orlando to save money but plan on renting a car for the length of the cruise and pay to park it?

I would taxi in Miami and use SAS to FLL after the cruise.