Live Journal – B2B Fort Lauderdale to Buenos Aires – Come Along For the Adventure

Jim_Iain

We have begun part 2 of our cruise. The demographics have changed quite a bit. It appears there are a lot of South American guests and the average age has dropped by 20-30 years.

Are there any children onboard? We are sailing the Antarctica route in a few weeks and I am guessing my kids will be the only two onboard, so I am just curious[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On this cruise I think there are around 10 kids that I have seen. There is one couple in Luminea who have a well behaved cute 18 month old.

I heard last night that on the next cruise (departing Dec 23) will have 300 kids. This may be high due to the Holiday season but as I understand, schools in South America let out for the summer next week.

Looking forward to seeing photos from this port :hearteyes:

Is the most recent “Celebrity Who’s on Board” the same as your previous leg? any changes? ;)

Heather

Hi Heather -

Here's a shot of the Senior Staff -

No major changes at this point. The Restaurant Manager for Luminae changed between the last cruise and this one.

bb350a4d199818ff3459ebebe0f15a94.jpg

We rarely book tours via Celebrity but did not have anything planned for Puerto Montt so booked tour PT38 Petohue Rapids and lake Todos Los Santos tour which was 4 hours. They also had options for 7 and 8 hours.

per the pamphlet -

This tour packs volcanoes, forests, glacial rivers and an abundance of natural wonders into one half day of outdoors excitement. Follow the shores of Lake Llanquihue to Vincent Perez Rosales National Park, where your adventure get underway. Visit to the Pehrohue Rapids, a thundering river cutting its way through the old lava channels of Volcano Osomo. Walk the scenic shores of Todas Los Santos lakes, explore ancient forest; see crashing waterfalls towering volcanoes on this day experiencing Chilies' wild side.

We began the day by taking a tender to port and explored Puerto Montt. Temps were cold at 10:00 but warmed quickly. It was Sunday so many shops were closed.

Stopped in a cute shop for Coffee and a ham and cheese toaster.

1245d1c2bcec1e2bcee0c61150400fe3.jpg

1a2e04ac0ab9a4bce36820fdf2988f30.jpg

31171d87dba5281a9331489fd8d99574.jpg

26171dc166aaba0cc4c4332edfec1ebd.jpg

c8f083ed546d8ae9da0d411ab8ce81c5.jpg

We have met so many of our Cruise Critic friend onboard. I sill have trouble putting the names to the cc handles.

Yesterday return to the ship by tender was really rough. The swells and currents were both strong and wild. It was like a whitewater rafting trip. Waves crashing over the hull of tender. Getting off Tender was an adventure. They virtually tossed you off the tender and 2 crew caught you and pulled you onto the platform.

We left about 1.5 hour late as the were having trouble getting tenders back on the ship

We have met so many of our Cruise Critic friend onboard. I sill have trouble putting the names to the cc handles.

Yesterday return to the ship by tender was really rough. The swells and currents were both strong and wild. It was like a whitewater rafting trip. Waves crashing over the hull of tender. Getting off Tender was an adventure. They virtually tossed you off the tender and 2 crew caught you and pulled you onto the platform.

We left about 1.5 hour late as the were having trouble getting tenders back on the ship

Ohhhhh no need for booking the white water rafting in Puerto Montt, ha ha ha! sounds like an adventure!

Hi Heather -

Here's a shot of the Senior Staff -

No major changes at this point. The Restaurant Manager for Luminae changed between the last cruise and this one.

bb350a4d199818ff3459ebebe0f15a94.jpg

Excellent!!! thank you :) hoping it stays the same for the 23rd sailing :D

Ohhhhh no need for booking the white water rafting in Puerto Montt, ha ha ha! sounds like an adventure!

LOL - your right we had quite an adventure getting back to the ship. This itinerary is quite tender intensive. Our next two stops - Puenta Arenas and Ushuaia are tender ports.

This is one of my favorite South American ports. Like you, I have some beautiful pictures from here.

Hope you enroll in MickeyLive's enrichment series. Plans are that everyone that submits at least 4 photos will get a FREE CD with everyone's pictures.

Today, Monday December 11 - Chilean Fjords

Today we are sailing the Chilean Fjords. It has been a beautiful day and Azul blue skies for most of the day. Temperatures have been running about 70 degrees but can be windy at times.

This is one cruise that you don't have to worry about chair hogs.

20f470ad5c232a0d0f168d6274eadf70.jpg

LOL - your right we had quite an adventure getting back to the ship. This itinerary is quite tender intensive. Our next two stops - Puenta Arenas and Ushuaia are tender ports.

You may be pleasantly surprised about Ushuaia. We were there twice on the Infinity in 2016 and both times we docked.

You may be pleasantly surprised about Ushuaia. We were there twice on the Infinity in 2016 and both times we docked.

Wonderful to hear. I am really looking forward to Ushuaia. This is our first trip to South America and I’m realizing I should have studied the geography more before the trip.

Hope you enroll in MickeyLive's enrichment series. Plans are that everyone that submits at least 4 photos will get a FREE CD with everyone's pictures.

WOW!!! that is a very cool and generous offer!!! hopefully the Dec 23 sail will have the same :cool:

Heather

WOW!!! that is a very cool and generous offer!!! hopefully the Dec 23 sail will have the same :cool:

Heather

I believe he will be. His family is onboard with him. I’ll ask him next time I see him. He is very knowledgeable and doing a enrichment lecture on all sea days.

I believe he will be. His family is onboard with him. I’ll ask him next time I see him. He is very knowledgeable and doing a enrichment lecture on all sea days.

I have had the pleasure of sailing with Mickey Live several times. He is incredibly knowledgeable, funny, approachable and kind. His enrichment lectures are great and his live commentary (eg. transiting the Suez Canal) is incredible. I think you’ll really appreciate what he has to offer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

More dailies PLEASE, if you can ;) would love to know what they offer on Sea Days (our itinerary has 7 Sea Days out of 15).

Heather

There is something planned all day. I will post a pix of daily. If too small to read email me via link in signature and I will email a copy.

Starting about 6 Mickey has a meetup in Constellation Lounge for details of the cruise.

Other things to do

7:00 -walk a mile

9:15 - Beyond The Podium with naturalist lecture

10:00 - Destination highlights with destination Concierge

10:15 - Spanish Fjord Q&A

11:00 - How to cook the perfect fish

12:00- Basketball free throw

12:30 Movie at outdoor theater

12:45 -Watercolor Class

1:30 - Matinee Showtime Sean O’Shea

1:30 Bingo

2:00 Food and Wine Pairing

3:30 Coffeehouse guitarist and vocalist

3:30 Movie

3:30 music trivia

Just a sampling.

Today was another day at sea. Temperatures 55-65 and calm winds so walking on deck was enjoyable but brisk. We have been back in open ocean for the past day and Infinty is rolling a bit. Many claim it was rough last night. I slept like a baby.