Live Journal – B2B Fort Lauderdale to Buenos Aires – Come Along For the Adventure

Jim_Iain

Saturday / Cape Horn

Ugh. Up at 5:00 AM for the sailing around Cape Horn. Absolutely beautiful after drinking 2 cups of coffee.

I am really enjoying my Celebrity Suite as the Constellation Lounge is packed. I turned my easy chair around to watch and get caught up with my journaling.

Mickey Live is narrating on channel 15. By the way I chatted with him and he will be onboard for the entire season.

07add45d96e4bb267accc2478d1387b4.jpg

dfe356a0331318c5fcd06f36588f79af.jpg

eb746eca3c24abfb5bffd4f2edddf5d4.jpg

c40dcf37439af935eb997af9bc4cdbef.jpg

c624f392cceb0ac1036e1f2c90bb89fb.jpgh

Yes indeed the days are long. We are at the Horn today. Sunrise 04:37 and sunset 10:12 PM. Probably an hour additional twilight on each end.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cannot wait for this!!! we are at our shortest days right now in Canada ... so, excited to have daylight after 5 PM :cool:

08:15 and still at the Horn. Great clear skies and around 34 F. Winds are stiff. The Captain is spinning the ship so all rooms get a view.

Wonderful gesture by Captain Yannis Berdos, I think nobody will be on the upper floors or on the promenade deck watching the landscape.

Mickey Live is narrating on channel 15. By the way I chatted with him and he will be onboard for the entire season.

Please find out if that includes the sailing on March 18 from San Antonio through the Panama Canal back to Fort Lauderdale?? I'd love to sail with Mickey Live again.

Thanks for posting the pics of your hiking tour. We are actually using the same tour operator for this tour. Would you recommend them and the tour?

We were very pleased with the tour company. They were very professional, spoke English flawlessly and equipment was well maintained. The driver would even clean our windows at each stop as most of the tour is on gravel roads.

Wonderful gesture by Captain Yannis Berdos, I think nobody will be on the upper floors or on the promenade deck watching the landscape.

Your correct. I did make one lap and was about the only one on the deck. The wind chill was cutting.

I think the ship sat and spun for about 45 minutes in front of the lighthouse. The best view for the entire circling of the horn was starboard.

Cannot wait for this!!! we are at our shortest days right now in Canada ... so, excited to have daylight after 5 PM :cool:

It has been amazing with the long days. It is still light out at 11:00 for beautiful views from the Martini bar. I think all onboard are looking forward to the temperatures raise as we head north for Buenos Aires.

We were very pleased with the tour company. They were very professional, spoke English flawlessly and equipment was well maintained. The driver would even clean our windows at each stop as most of the tour is on gravel roads.

Thank you so much - I have two tours booked with them so that is good to know. Enjoying all your posts and pictures :)

First time I see the photo I questioned oranges? No Mushrooms, I will never try to test them.

They were very fruit like in appearance, texture and taste. Were very moist with a mild, sweet flavor. They are called Indian's Bread mushrooms locally.

There were so many people on deck 11! The Constellation lounge was also filled with people from 5:30 am or even earlier! Went for breakfast in the MDR at 7:30

Sunday - December 17 - Day at Sea

A beautiful sunny day greeted us. The seas were a little rough last evening but have smoothed a bit oday. It must have rocked me to sleep as I did not awaken until I got the call from Imani that our breakfast was on the way... Oh my gosh it was already 9:00

Not sure what we will be doing today. We have invites today to visit the bridge and a meet and greet with the Captain and crew in Michael's Club.

The temperature are starting to raise - It is suppose hit a high of about 68 F today but the winds may be increasing.

ab69f8953e29d78533a9012157576309.jpg

10929e891af30c94d8f6b518ab902fef.jpg

b1c263253cae77c252bed97b5b289069.jpg

dbf9816f41ee9f80a1284241a4bf78ed.jpg

Thank you for sharing!!! I feel as if I am *almost* on board. if you read this before your Senior Officers Party tonight in MC - please send Sinisa are kindest regards and we look forward to seeing him on board SOON! Heather & Anthony :*

Thanks for posting ! We are onboard for 7 Jan cruise and very excited to be in a Royal Suite ! Great updates and insights from you. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure you will enjoy. The butler for starboard is Edwin. He is very professional.