Platinum son has no cruise history

jdvmd

Dealing with similar issue for DD who turned 18 in January and should have turned Platinum under the old program before it changed early Feb. Under the old program they got status when turned 18 but under new they have to take one cruise.

I've emailed and called only to get run around. Now I have to waste more time writing someone else there.

Not sure how it works now, but under the old program you could create a sign-in for them when they turned 15 or 16 I think it was so you could see history but status said "child".

When I went to create my son's and daughter's accounts this week, I went with what would have been our normal sign on information for them. Got the error message both times that those names were already in use. I kind of doubt there would be two other people using the same name so I went to retrieve the password/sign on name and never received anything. I am pretty sure that I did create accounts for them a few years ago. I thought the age was 14 but not positive.

When I went to create my son's and daughter's accounts this week, I went with what would have been our normal sign on information for them. Got the error message both times that those names were already in use. I kind of doubt there would be two other people using the same name so I went to retrieve the password/sign on name and never received anything. I am pretty sure that I did create accounts for them a few years ago. I thought the age was 14 but not positive.

Could be 14 which means I should check now for our DS who just turned. I had posted at one time what the age was.

You use to also be able to check/retrieve info based on a past booking number - not sure if you are saying you tried that?

Could be 14 which means I should check now for our DS who just turned. I had posted at one time what the age was.

You use to also be able to check/retrieve info based on a past booking number - not sure if you are saying you tried that?

Yes, I tried that originally when I started this whole thing and nothing showed up.

Huh. So I have an 18 year old daughter and we are about to take our 3rd NCL cruise. I have created her account and at noted here it still shows child and no status. So after her first cruise, check her status, and request credit for the cruises she has taken? But they are more than 12 months ago so I believed under the new policy she gets no credit for past cruises, only credit for the cruises taken at 18 years old and onward.

Huh. So I have an 18 year old daughter and we are about to take our 3rd NCL cruise. I have created her account and at noted here it still shows child and no status. So after her first cruise, check her status, and request credit for the cruises she has taken? But they are more than 12 months ago so I believed under the new policy she gets no credit for past cruises, only credit for the cruises taken at 18 years old and onward.

When I called NCL the other day, they had all of my son's past cruise history. After he takes this cruise next month, all of the previous cruises will be brought up on his account (for the lack of a better word) and he will then have his status. It's like it takes a cruise after then turn 18 to activate the past cruise history.

When I called NCL the other day, they had all of my son's past cruise history. After he takes this cruise next month, all of the previous cruises will be brought up on his account (for the lack of a better word) and he will then have his status. It's like it takes a cruise after then turn 18 to activate the past cruise history.

Right - that is how it is under the old program.

Unfortunately for us NCL muffed up our DD status as she should have turned Platinum in January under the old program without having to take any cruises.

Wanted to give an update. I called NCL and all of my son's cruising history is accurate. It is 100 percent true that he will not receive any perks for our upcoming sailing on the Escape next month but will receive perks for all cruises thereafter.

What number did you call? I have a Latitudes issue myself and got no where calling the 1-866-234-0292. They told me to send an email!

My 10 year old daughter has been on 4 cruises so far, #5 is in 2 weeks. She should be Gold status by now and Platinum after this next cruise. After reading through this thread I tried to create an account for her and this is the error message I got:

We're sorry, but you must be at least 14 years old to create an account.

So that answers that question.

If we keep cruising at this rate, she will be an Ambassador by the time she's 18. ;p

What number did you call? I have a Latitudes issue myself and got no where calling the 1-866-234-0292. They told me to send an email!

Good luck sending an email. I sent them two emails going back to Nov. 2016 (to the Lat clerical email) and got NO RESPONSE - NCL - is that how you treat your customers??

Finally called and the agent could only recite what applied under the new rules.

Dogs chasing their tail have better luck than dealing with NCL Latitudes Dept.

ETA - No, the emails didn't go to spam/junk as I checked there too.

I am so confused! My son is 14. He has been on 5 NCL cruises so far. His latitudes level is listed as "child", as it should be. How do I get him a Latitudes #, and how do I know if he already has one (or more than one)?

Check your past documents, she may already have a Latitudes number. My son's Latitudes number is on there, and has been the same number on all 3 of our NCL bookings. His Latitudes level is still listed as "child" though.

Check your past documents, she may already have a Latitudes number. My son's Latitudes number is on there, and has been the same number on all 3 of our NCL bookings. His Latitudes level is still listed as "child" though.

I called. They gave me his latitudes number, and reviewed all his past cruises listed with me, and they were all there. I set up an account for him online using that number, and none of the past cruises show there in his history, but they said they won't yet, since he is a child. She said (like others here have posted), that as soon as he's 18, he will get credit (although it sounds like he will have to cruise once first.)