Silhouette 11-19-17 sailing

kk99

We are on the last night of our sailing,and for those coming onboard the ship , all of our rooms are in great shape.

The staff on a one on one basis were great. We did not make it in to Cococay due to high winds.

At St Thomas, we arrived on Thanksgiving. The downtown area opened two weeks ago, and several of the beaches have been reopened and cleaned up.

Electricity is still out on a consistent basis on most of St Thomas, but lots of generators were delivered and operational, and many roofs blue tarped. The locals are grateful for work and tourists. We dropped off monies and checks at a couple of churches to help.

We docked at Crown Bay as that is where RCCL has its contract.

There were things that weren’t perfect, but nothing that can’t be fixed.

On this sailing the bubbly was Perrier Jouet in the Royal Suite, and the Celebrity brand champagne in the sky suites.

Internet worked okay as far as speed and usually had reliable signal.

Any questions, I’ll try and answer.

I have several friends on St Thomas who were born and raised there. Some lost roofs, some their homes, and all kept their spirits up and pulled together as one extended community. For anyone visiting any of the islands damaged by the recent hurricanes, if you feel like it, use local merchants or services as the majority have been been out of work for two months. Parts of St Thomas are turning green and lush foliage again. Their attitudes really inspire me.

When we were on Celebrity, we have docked at Havensight. The big ships of the RCCL such as Oasis and Allure docked at Crown Bay.

We docked at CB on Freedom in Sept 2016. Check the site below for the docking schedule - no RCCL or Celebrity at Havensight regardless of size.

http://www.virginislandsthisweek.com/st-thomas/transportation/cruise-ship-arrivals.html

We docked at Crown Bay. I was told by numerous port people that RCCL and also Celebrity will be using Crown Bay instead of Havensight dock for any near time future sailings until the contract runs out between the port authorities and the cruise line..There was another ship docked at Crown Bay which is housing relief workers

This was who was onboard the week of November 19, 2017. It was Jon Pilling's last week before his vacation.

On Silhouette this week 11/19/17

Captain: Georgios Iatrou

Chief Engineer: Yannis Chanzandroulis

Staff Captain: Ioannis Kasimatis

GRM : Jon Pilling (on vacation after this cruise)

HD: John-Paul Lamb

CD: Chris Sweets

F&B : Ivan Maksimovic

EC: Frank Pollak

CC Host : Maria Tudor

MC Host: Niko Balla

Suite Manager Erick Guzman

House Band: Jive at 5

Guitar Vocalist: Robson Diem

String Duo: Emotions

Soulful Electronica: Skyla & Oz

Ensemble lounge: Shaun Brown & The Badness

DJ: Constantine

Comedians: Dan Wilson, Bengt Washburn

Shows: Pearl, Life, Cosmopolitan

Theme Party: Reigning Rocks, Silent Disco

Headliner: Greg London, Beatles Tribute

We did not dock at Cococay due to high winds. I have been there several times before, and it is a nice beach day on RCL's private island similar to Labadee. They will be building a permanent dock there so after it is finished ,hopefully no more tender issues.

At Cap Cana, in the Domincian Republic which was another port substitution, it was a tender in to a small marina area. Most people either bought day passes to the nearby beach resorts or took a tour to the capital Santo Domingo which is a little over a hour's drive away on a good day. The beaches are pretty, but Santo Domingo on a previous visit was much more interesting to me.

On the ship, a high turnover of staff due to being the first cruise after a transatlantic. Everyone tried hard to make it a great vacation for everyone. I've seen all three production shows before and they were entertaining the first time, but not quite as interesting the second or third go around. The singers and dancers were good, and it is a pleasant way to pass an hour. The musicians are quite good and a nice variety.

In Cellar Masters, I did not see the enomatic machines being used. They had a few (for pay) wine events there but is was all served by staff or at other times of the afternoon and evening by staff that I witnessed. I think they are being phased out across the ships, as there are the all inclusive beverage packages or discounts on purchases of bottles in the Celebrity Today.

They had four trivias per day and pub trivia at 9:00 p.m. every evening in what used to be the disco off of the entertainment court. One of the trivias was music from different decades. and appeared well attended.

For whatever reason, they set up on at least one day the Park West art auction on deck three where the small dance floor is. You could hear the auctioneer several floors up if you were out near the atrium area. They have cutback on sending lots of notices about the various "sales" to the room, just smaller ads in the Celebrity today or an insert. The bars seemed to be busy, and people for the most part very courteous to one another.