Cruising with 18 month old

Funinthesun48

Bring some ziplock baggies along. Then fill your bowl with the dry cereal from the dispenser and when you get back to your table, pour it in your zip lock for easy transport! This might actually be easier than those little boxes. With the zip locks, you can keep them sealed and fresher longer than the boxed ones once they are opened.

However prepackaged sealed food is the only food you can bring off the ship and into Port. Snacks with toddlers is a must, and if they have food allergies it can be hard/scary to find something in Port that you know is safe for them. I was actually stopped and questioned when the bag sniffing dog stopped at the diaper bag (I think it was smeared banana on the bag that caught his attention).

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

However prepackaged sealed food is the only food you can bring off the ship and into Port. Snacks with toddlers is a must, and if they have food allergies it can be hard/scary to find something in Port that you know is safe for them. I was actually stopped and questioned when the bag sniffing dog stopped at the diaper bag (I think it was smeared banana on the bag that caught his attention).

I wasn't aware of that. We had baggies of animal crackers that stayed in our bag most of the trip and never had it questioned. Probably one of those hit or miss things!

I wasn't aware of that. We had baggies of animal crackers that stayed in our bag most of the trip and never had it questioned. Probably one of those hit or miss things!

Some ports are more strict about the pre-packaged issue. Some only look for fruits/vegetables. Cozumel actually has dogs that will alert when someone carries of food at all. I have seen a great deal of pre-packaged food in the trash cans there.

Some ports are more strict about the pre-packaged issue. Some only look for fruits/vegetables. Cozumel actually has dogs that will alert when someone carries of food at all. I have seen a great deal of pre-packaged food in the trash cans there.

Yup, Cozumel was where I got stopped by the dog. They didn't take anything since it was just the prepared foods I had and no fruit or meats.