Cruise Critic Community
marylovestotravel

"Scented" Viking Star

I'm on the Viking Star right now and have been noticing what I thought was a lot of people wearing perfume. In these days of being scent-free, I found it annoying as I've always found that one person's favourite scent may be another person's offensive one, especially when sprayed on heavily. And then there are the cheap scents that are used in some commercial sprays.

Imagine my surprise when my husband points out someone with a large mister (like for plants) walking around spraying the air! So that is what has been so annoying in the elevator! Not someone's left-over perfume, but a deliberate policy of polluting our senses!

Has anyone else noticed this or am I the only one? In this day and age of "scent free" policies in public buildings, why is Viking doing this?

Mia

I was on the cruise before, Rome to Athens, and they had some health issues, rumor had that it was legionnaires disease, especially after they announced that the hot water temperature was going to be raised. I'm guessing that the spraying you encountered was somehow connected?

Am on the Viking Star for a few days now and was trying to look for that "scent" especially when going on the lifts, could not detect it at all.

Are we on the right ship???!!!

Am on the Viking Star for a few days now and was trying to look for that "scent" especially when going on the lifts, could not detect it at all.

Are we on the right ship???!!!

I think it is a case of same ship, different nose. We all react differently to smells. Some of us are sensitive and others of us aren't.

I think it is a case of same ship, different nose. We all react differently to smells. Some of us are sensitive and others of us aren't.

Agree. My husband knows I'm the one with the sensitive nose. We've had many conversation over the years that go along the lines of me saying "Uck! What a stink!" and his reply of "What?" followed by me rolling my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For many including me scent is a migraine trigger.

If this is done on all Viking Ocean ships we need to re-think the b/b we have booked for 2018.

I would hate to think that I would be confronted with scent constantly.😱😝

I hear you (it’s a trigger for my migraines). BUT this is the first time I hear about smell. We were on the Star last July for two weeks and I didn’t notice any smell except while passing beauty shop. The only smell I notice was our running water.

Scent free policies??? Seriously? I have no issue with scents or perfume. I have a few that trigger allergies, so I always have antihistamines with me.

Frankly, I think we are going overboard with sanitizing the environment. And I don’t think it’s necessarily a good thing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You are lucky and I wouldn’t put so many “?” because you don’t have or know what kind of pain perfume can bring to migraine sufferers.

I agree with you on over sanitizing the environment.