Has anyone used italytours.eu recently? Looking for recommendations

angelik

Vatican tickets are a little less difficult. You should book them through the official Vatican museums website:   https://www.museivaticani.va/content/museivaticani/en/organizza-visita/tariffe-e-biglietti.html

Take some time to familiarize yourself with the site ahead of time so you know what the options are. If you are working with a private agency for transportation, make sure you understand whether they are providing a guide (usually at an extra cost) or not, and also understand what time they recommend that you purchase your tickets for. 

17 hours ago, nadeki said:

Italy tours said they are suspended any reservations at this time. 

Thanks!  I guess I'll stop waiting for the reply.

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Rome can handle a lot of visitors, but tourism keeps on growing and even Rome has her breaking points.

Cruisemom thank you so much for your explanation of the problem in Rome and the links you have shared.  You are a wonderful resource to us all on this site!  We will be rethinking our original plan.  I may be asking you more questions!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, capelib311 said:

Anyone have them cancel their excursion with short notice because it was a little short on the minimum amount of guests? TYIA 

I took 4 tours with them in 2019.  Our tour in Villefranche (yes, they had a guide in France) only had 4 people and they didn't cancel - and they honored the original price without us having to fork in the extra.  Not sure if anyone canceled or if there was only 4 people all along but it was my favorite stop of the whole trip. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Question - we received the email that they have confirmed enough people to run our time and are now asking for payment.  We have the option to let them convert to USD when charging our credit card or to be charged in Euros.  Does anyone know what the better option is? If my credit card does not charge international fees, does it matter?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2024 at 10:09 AM, erby2283 said:

Question - we received the email that they have confirmed enough people to run our time and are now asking for payment.  We have the option to let them convert to USD when charging our credit card or to be charged in Euros.  Does anyone know what the better option is? If my credit card does not charge international fees, does it matter?

Typically, electing to charge in "native" currency without conversion is better as your credit card bank will offer better exchange rates when they do the conversion...sometimes its only a small amount, but it all adds up over time....also why its better to get money from a Main Street bank ATM overseas rather than an exchange facility🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruzfool said:

Typically, electing to charge in "native" currency without conversion is better as your credit card bank will offer better exchange rates when they do the conversion...sometimes its only a small amount, but it all adds up over time....also why its better to get money from a Main Street bank ATM overseas rather than an exchange facility🙂

I always get so confused as to where/which type of ATM to get my money from overseas.  Luckily, my local bank doesn't charge any ATM fees but I know I still have to deal with Conversion factors.  On this upcoming cruise, a few tours are preferring to be paid in euros at the end of the tour so I know I am going to need to withdraw money in several ports (or in Rome over a few days before the cruise leaves as we have 2 days pre-cruise there).  But I am so confused over what the "good' types of ATMs are. 

Just now, erby2283 said:

I always get so confused as to where/which type of ATM to get my money from overseas.  Luckily, my local bank doesn't charge any ATM fees but I know I still have to deal with Conversion factors.  On this upcoming cruise, a few tours are preferring to be paid in euros at the end of the tour so I know I am going to need to withdraw money in several ports (or in Rome over a few days before the cruise leaves as we have 2 days pre-cruise there).  But I am so confused over what the "good' types of ATMs are. 

here's some info based on my experience? each credit card issuer has a bank affiliate and the ATM machines are marked accordingly.  I'm not talking convenience stores, airport or small bank ATM's, I'm talking Main Street banks.  On the machine it will clearly show you what their affiliation is. These are the machines we use for all our currency withdrawals when traveling overseas unless in a country serviced by ALLpoint which offers free withdrawals at those other locations.  I bank with a bank that offers free ATM transactions so no fees, but even if there are fees, its still typically less than bureau de change type locations or god forbid, airport or hotel currency conversion places.  just be careful if on a busy street to guard your pin and keep an eye out for cookie loos...we will try to use one thats in a bank lobby or entrance.  then hubs and I split up the cash between us...hope this helps a little bit? 

• Like 1

Christy, 

Italy tours gave us a meeting time based on our ship, Viking Jupiter, at Livorno port last November.

On tour day, as we stepped off the ship, before we even walked down the ramp, our driver was holding up our names.
Granted our ship was way smaller than yours but I’m sure Cristina knows how to be sure you are on your way with your group. Once you book, you get a VERY detailed email with instructions. And I still hounded them with questions. They (Cristina or Maria) answered every one with kind replies. Don’t hesitate to ask them your questions so you’ll rest easy and continue to enjoy your trip planning and anticipation. 
We just booked another excursion with them for next fall on the Celebrity Constellation. They are very conscientious! 

On 11/28/2023 at 12:29 PM, REV_Cruiser said:

Took a tour with this company, italytours.eu on October 26, 2023.  Tour was Florence and Pisa.  The tour guide was informative and pleasant for the day.  It was a great day and we loved the tour itself.  Dealing with italytours was seamless and responses were timely. I would recommend them highly.

We used the, too ion the Apex in October.  We had torrential rain on the way back to the ship from Florence.  She was a fabulous driver!  We were 6 in the car and comfortable!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, roseybaby said:

We used the, too ion the Apex in October.  We had torrential rain on the way back to the ship from Florence.  She was a fabulous driver!  We were 6 in the car and comfortable!

We had rain on our trip back to ship from Florence. Then a double rainbow!! 6 of us in Mercedes white van. Simona, our driver, was awesome! 

Hi all,

Has anyone done both the Best of Cinque Terre and the Best of Tuscany?   Was there one you preferred over the other?  I'm having such a hard time deciding which to do.   We'll be there mid September, if it makes a difference! 

TIA!

Debbie 

We used them in Marseille for the AIx Provence and Cassis tour.  It was Fantastic,   Our driver was a great tour guide, his driving was great and we loved the tour.  Would def use them again

• 3 weeks later...

We just recently used Italy Tours on a recent cruise in Livorno for Pisa/Lucca. The drivers were right outside the ship at the designated meeting place. The 8 passenger van was immaculate and the small group enabled us to get close to both tour sites. Our guide/driver Valeria was friendly and personable and we had ample time at both sites to explore and relax. I plan to use them again and would definitely recommend to others.