Drink plan/Water/Coffee

NovsWitch

We are 1st time cruisers. We have the all inclusive food and drink plan. In previous all inclusive vacation locations we've brought our own lidded, giant cups. Does Epic or any of the NCL allow that?

Can we just bring an empty water bottle for the refills of tap water that I read about? Or do you recommend a special type of bottle? I read to bring it empty and pack in the checked luggage?

The drink plan says no energy drinks or specialty coffee. Has anyone packed a powdered energy drink they can recommend? And if I want a fancy coffee , how much would it be approximately? Does that mean only black coffee and no flavored creamers?

Sorry, trying my best to find most of my answers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

In previous all inclusive vacation locations we've brought our own lidded, giant cups. Does Epic or any of the NCL allow that?

Yep to the empty water bottle. You can fill it in the buffet if you want filtered water without a chlorine taste, but they make you use a clean cup to transfer the water instead of using the nozzle in the water dispenser. And the cups are only about 6 ounces, so it takes a few fills. A lot of people like the wide mouth bottles so it's easier to transfer water.

I'm not sure about the coffee ... you can get plenty of their regular coffee with cream, but I don't recall if there are any flavored creamers available.

You can bring your own cups; just realize that the bartender can’t fill them up like an all inclusive could. Each drink still has a price and while it will be comped, they make A drink and ring up A drink and hand it to you. You can then dump it in your cup and start the process over.

I do fill up water bottles that I bring with me. As long as it’s the type where the top comes off (so aren’t trying to refill the section your mouth goes on) it’s fine.

Think coffees were $3-$4? Brewed coffee, however you want to fix it is included (though I don’t remember seeing flavored creamers). Specialty coffee is espresso drinks - lattes, cappuccino, mocha, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I find it mind-numbing baffling that the specialty coffees are not covered by the unlimited beverage plan when it costs the company MORE to give you the alcoholic beverages which are included. It is completely illogical. They are encouraging people to cost the company more money by ordering an Irish Coffee or Bloody Mary instead.

I find it mind-numbing baffling that the specialty coffees are not covered by the unlimited beverage plan when it costs the company MORE to give you the alcoholic beverages which are included. It is completely illogical. They are encouraging people to cost the company more money by ordering an Irish Coffee or Bloody Mary instead.

It doesn't cost the company more to give people alcoholic beverages, because those aren't included in the base price. The cruiser pays for them, either a la carte or with one of the two drinking packages, which are better for people who will consume more than 5 alcohol drinks per day. Now follow me to the logic which should get rid of the numbness in your brain:

More people drop in daily (or more) for their Starbucks latte or whatnot. People are now used to consuming these expensive, sugar and fat-filled concoctions with fake Italian names. More cruisers will be wanting a nice cup of hot or iced macchiato (sp?) than will be yearning for the Irish Coffee or Bloody Mary. It costs less for NCL to make the specialty coffees than to make the alcohol drinks (as you rightly pointed out), so this means the company MAKES more money by not including the specialty coffees in any packages, due to the fact that more people will be craving the coffees in greater amounts and with greater frequencies.

We are 1st time cruisers. We have the all inclusive food and drink plan. In previous all inclusive vacation locations we've brought our own lidded, giant cups. Does Epic or any of the NCL allow that?

Can we just bring an empty water bottle for the refills of tap water that I read about? Or do you recommend a special type of bottle? I read to bring it empty and pack in the checked luggage?

The drink plan says no energy drinks or specialty coffee. Has anyone packed a powdered energy drink they can recommend? And if I want a fancy coffee , how much would it be approximately? Does that mean only black coffee and no flavored creamers?

Sorry, trying my best to find most of my answers.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Are you British/ from a European nation?

You say all inclusive plan so this makes me think this is the case.

If I am right and you have the Premium All Inclusive plan you will get a 1 Litre bottle of water per person per day included in your package. We found all of ours in the wardrobe when we boarded. All 20 of them. If you want to bring a huge cup feel free to do so and put your bottled water into it or tap water. It needs to be empty when you bring it on the ship and empty when you come back from shore. Don't pack it in your checked luggage in case it looks suspicious on x ray. Your bag might get held until you turn up to collect it from the naughty room and prove it is empty. Same goes for travel irons and kettles which they will return to you when you leave.

Fancy coffee such as cappucino, mocha, flavourings etc depends on size but assume around $4-$7. Things like Irish Coffee are free with the beverage part of your plan as they contain alcohol. Standard NCL coffee is awful IMHO other peoples taste may vary...

I know nothing of energy drinks. I don't ever drink them.

We're from the U.S. and got a deal for all drinks, meals (no specialty restaurants) and gratuities. Bottled water is extra, but I've seen some posts about how to avoid paying for the bottled water. Energy drinks and specialty coffees are also extra. THANKS!!