Heard a Rumor - Capt Kate switching to Equinox ???

PBC29

Her last sailing on the Summit is the third week in January, she then gets 5 weeks vacation before taking the helm on the Equinox. She will then be on for 15 weeks. She was just "visiting" the Equinox.
How long has has she been on Summit for this contract/rotation? They typically do 3 months on and 3 months off. Both of the numbers you mentioned are non-standard.

I was on the Summit the week before Christmas when they rescued 6 Haitian,s adrift at Sea for 6 days. Captain Kate kept everyone on board apprised of the situation and did a great job of up dating us of their on going return to safety. She showed up at the Cruise Critic M+M never had that happen on any other line and the trivia do you know more than the crew. Ran into her in a hallway one day as she passed to say hello on her way. Most visible Captain I have ever encountered on any cruise line. Very genuine person!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the Summit the week before Christmas when they rescued 6 Haitian,s adrift at Sea for 6 days. Captain Kate kept everyone on board apprised of the situation and did a great job of up dating us of their on going return to safety. She showed up at the Cruise Critic M+M never had that happen on any other line and the trivia do you know more than the crew. Ran into her in a hallway one day as she passed to say hello on her way. Most visible Captain I have ever encountered on any cruise line. Very genuine person!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've never sailed with Captain Kate, she came to Summit after we sailed. Captain Leo is also amazingly accessible. One evening, while in the shops on Eclipse looking for sunglasses for DH we looked up to see him looking at them as well. The conversation that followed lasted quite some time. He was always seen walking about the ship and conversing with guests. He also has a great (and wicked) sense of humor.

Her last sailing on the Summit is the third week in January, she then gets 5 weeks vacation before taking the helm on the Equinox. She will then be on for 15 weeks. She was just "visiting" the Equinox.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Would she then be Captain on the February 24th sailing on Equinox?

I am sure that whomever replaces them will be equally professional and will manage not to run the ship aground. That is all that matters to me. I know that many will disagree w me but this captain worship cult seems to me to be very silly. I and I am sure most of us couldn't even tell you who the captain was on our last cruise, much less our last previous cruises.

DON

I imagine bad staff rarely get promoted all the way up to captain on cruise lines. Some captains are nearly invisible to the passengers, but IMO if you get a great captain who is visible it is like a cherry on the sundae, great either way but it makes it just a little better. Like you, I've had multiple cruises where I have no idea who the captain was (in some cases even while on board). But the captain as the most senior leader does trickle down through the rest of the staff. Friendly, visible, attentive senior leadership sets the example for the rest of the crew.

There's a few captains that are more visible and may make a positive memory of your vacation. I've had a few captains that have stood out, Captain Kate (X) and Captain Tuvo (Princess) are two great examples. I don't worship either of them, but I will be pleasantly surprised if I have the chance to sail with them again on a future vacation (and all else being equal, if I knew one would be on board I'd pick that itinerary).