Ovation of the seas Alaska 2019!

CRGcbus

Is anyone as pumped as I am for Ovation of the seas cruising Alaska 2019?!?!?

Not so much. I was born and raised in WI and left to get out of the cold

Alaska will never happen in my lifetime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want sand and beaches, not snow and icebergs:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

The 11 day cruise sounded interesting at first until I realized it's Monday-Friday (requires 2 full weeks off work, not so great unless you're retired) and 3 of the extra 4 days are sea days with only 1 extra port day. I'm very disappointed Ovation is not stopping in Ketchikan on any of the itineraries. I was considering switching from Norwegian Bliss to Ovation a year later, but the lack of Ketchikan is unfortunate as there are many interesting excursions there on NCL.

Not so much. I was born and raised in WI and left to get out of the cold

Alaska will never happen in my lifetime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want sand and beaches, not snow and icebergs:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

It isn't cold in the summer, we had 70s on our late August cruisetour. I'm just afraid the megaships will ruin it, too big a port load.

• 3 weeks later...
I went ahead and reserved cabin 8278 - it's 8D category for total 5200. That didn't see like too bad of a deal for 11 night cruise on a new ship to Alaska. I hope this is a good cabin. I really haven't researched this ship or itinerary too much but Alaska has always been on my bucket list. I did pay more to have refundable deposit. Thinking about transferring to a TA to get some OBC.

Strange... I’m also booked on the May 13, 2019 Ovation of the seas Alaskan cruise .... in cabin 8278! Did you switch rooms?

I thought this itinerary was awesome... stops at both glaciers... starts in Vancouver and ends in Seattle. Will be my first visit to both cities and to Alaska. And I love the fact that it will be 11 days on a larger ship.

Strange... I’m also booked on the May 13, 2019 Ovation of the seas Alaskan cruise .... in cabin 8278! Did you switch rooms?

I thought this itinerary was awesome... stops at both glaciers... starts in Vancouver and ends in Seattle. Will be my first visit to both cities and to Alaska. And I love the fact that it will be 11 days on a larger ship.

I ended up canceling the cruise because I had booked it without really doing any research. I went too crazy on cruises and had too much money tied up in future cruises. But this did sound like an awesome cruise - 11 days on a new ship visiting Alaska. Hope to make it there someday. We must both have good taste in picking cabin :)