LIVE From the Caribbean Princess - New Panama Canal - Dec 10, 2017

CanadianBurger

Zipline looks awesome, but a quick question,,,,

We are on the same cruise nex week,

I see they have a 270lb max weight, I am about 5 lbs over that.(before gitting the dining room,lol)

Are they strict on that?

Did they make everyone go on a scale beforehand?

I need to know before I book this.

thanks

john

The ziplines were really cool. There are eleven runs. I’ll have some video from the GoPro on my helmet to post later. The scenery was breathtaking, and the platforms in the trees a hundred feet up were not for the afraid of heights folks...

c43b85f5b91b82fc712d560749b82ae9.jpg

In all, a highly enjoyable, albeit long day. We left as soon as we docked, and returned a few minutes after all-aboard. This is one of those ports where I’d recommend a Princess excursion if you’re gone all day, because with the traffic (over an hour each way) you don’t want to miss the ship. There was a couple on the zipline that took their own taxi to the rainforest, and were put at the front of the line for ziplining. As soon as we finished the 11, they took off for the ship. We were late returning, but no worries, as the ship will wait for Princess excursions. With the taxi charge, the couple figured they only saved about $20 by doing it on their own.

Sent from my iPhone 8+ using Forums

Edited by john442

Zipline looks awesome, but a quick question,,,,

We are on the same cruise nex week,

I see they have a 270lb max weight, I am about 5 lbs over that.(before gitting the dining room,lol)

Are they strict on that?

Did they make everyone go on a scale beforehand?

I need to know before I book this.

thanks

john

I don’t know how strict they are. Nobody was weighed, nor did I see a scale anywhere, but I wasn’t looking.

Sent from my iPhone 8+ using Forums

Thank you for all these wonderful photos!! Sad I won't see in person for almost 600 days....but it will have to do. Much appreciated and the meals look yummy! And DH will REALLY like those TV's! I will be back more than once to look at them again! #addicted

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all .. glad to be part of the community. My wife, kids and I are normally "pick an island / beach and go type of people (typically at the last minute ;p )" so cruises are new for us.

We have family / friends doing a 50th wedding anniversary cruise though (Caribbean Princess / Panama Canal / April 1) so will be our first cruise. It's been planned for nearly 18 months so now that we're finally getting close, I'm reading everything I can find. Looks very cool and we're getting very excited!

Love all the feedback and tips I see from you avid cruisers! Keep it coming! We may end up converting and becoming regular cruisers!

Thanks again,

T

• 1 month later...