LIVE From the Caribbean Princess - New Panama Canal - Dec 10, 2017

CanadianBurger

not sure what it is called but do they have the service of having your luggage go from your room directly to the airport and you don't see it until your destination? I know there was a fee but just curious if this ship offers it with Jet Blue? thanks in advance

The service is EZCheck. On my cruise on the Regal last January, these were the participating airlines:

American Airlines (FLL and MIA)

Delta Airlines (FLL and MIA; domestic flights only)

Jet Blue Airways (FLL)

Southwest Airlines (FLL)

United Airlines (FLL and MIA)

Alaska Airlines (FLL)

I suspect that it would be the same for the Caribbean Princess but hopefully CanadianBurger or someone else will confirm.

I believe CanadianBurger posted a pic of the EZcheck a couple posts back..as I remember contemplating if it was worth $25 not to have to hassle with our luggage and then wondered if we have to be on a princess flight or princess transfer in order to take advantage of it.

Nevermind sorry I confused it with another thread I was following/viewing who was also on CB earlier this year....

not sure what it is called but do they have the service of having your luggage go from your room directly to the airport and you don't see it until your destination? I know there was a fee but just curious if this ship offers it with Jet Blue? thanks in advance

Here you go:

3bd9a4f98efd44caf5212ed2255761a9.jpg

e8da1c49af5bd183ca33d753c6680788.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 8+ using Forums

Here’s a note. If you’re in a mid to mid-aft Dolphin minisuite, and you pull into a tender port early in the morning, be prepared to be woken up by the lowering of the boats. And I mean rudely awakened by loud mechanical and hydraulic noises...

638fe3ed53c2e9fac509b17f4c1b84c3.jpg

99cd8e1082ba180e5f97fb601689a98b.jpg

That isn't good. We're booked in D523, so I'm guessing I'll be getting a wake-up call. My wife won't be too impressed.

So, I see for Delta it says domestic flights only - I'm connecting through Minneapolis to Canada, but I assume that still means I can't use EZCheck? Are you flying a different airline?

We’re flying Air Canada, so it doesn’t apply. Not sure about your situation since your first leg is domestic.

So, I see for Delta it says domestic flights only - I'm connecting through Minneapolis to Canada, but I assume that still means I can't use EZCheck? Are you flying a different airline?

Ask about it when on board. Or, you may get the sign up forms during the cruise without asking for them. Either way, if you can't do it, they will let you know

Weather was perfect today. Finally got some deck-chair time.

Random musings:

It would seem all the staterooms have new toilet seats. Rather than the same solid ones as before, the new ones are thin and flimsy. Several people have commented on it.

Princess has finally figured out Eggs Benedict in World Fresh Marketplace. The hollandaise is on the side, so it’s not all dried out. Yeah!

Princess needs to go back to the old pizza ingredients. The pizza was a major disappointment.

We were lucky to have another fantastic group of eight for dinner. All of us were there every night, and new friendships were made. A big reason why we do traditional dining at a large table.

Thank you for all of your posts on this cruise. We shall be on the Caribbean Princess next month and have appreciated your comments, answers to questions, and especially the photos.

You have confirmed with other threads have posted about the new policy of not having to bring life vests to the safety drill. Having been on twenty-eight cruises, it makes sense for us. I am not so sure it is such a good idea for newbies.

Thanks for taking the time to post. We were on her the week before you and your posts made us feel that we were still on her. Great staff. Many were the same as our b2b last April. We were so excited for a large number that were going home after our cruise so I imagine you experienced many new ones. We decided to skip desserts this cruise and did not even look at the dessert menus but after seeing your pictures, I remember how good some of them were.

Safe travels home.

I hope I am not repeating an already asked question but could you tell me what nights were formal nights. We are doing this cruise in February and I really appreciate reading your posts. Thanks!

The day after embarkation, and the day after Costa Rica. If you look at all the Patters I took the time to post, you’ll see the evening’s dress code on the first page.

Thanks so much for taking us on your adventures! We leave January 3 and even more excited for this cruise. We have looked forward to your posts everyday. Safe trip home.....the snow is gone in southern Ontario.

Sent from my iPad using Forums