LIVE From the Caribbean Princess - New Panama Canal - Dec 10, 2017

CanadianBurger

Any soup the table has had this cruise has been excellent.

7c4e7c3efdfc851877ce5e6e12b97cd2.jpg

193d6d62adc6f67f5c22dd499d4a68be.jpg

Not as impressed with the ravioli. The veal ravioli at Alfredo’s on the Royal/Regal is much better.

f6e9a2b79af6926b1d63241026e6e572.jpg

The Beef Wellington, however, was fantastic. Melt-in-your-mouth tender.

a465a4017f69230fbbfd25a2ff41831e.jpg

Many second lobster tails were had by table mates. No complaints were heard, other than the prawns could have used more garlic.

28a2eb55cd1fdd681e6aa6fcfcd312b3.jpg

918e6e9ebadc229e94bd0fab6a455650.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 8+ using Forums

Drink packages, according to one officer, are extremely profitable for the cruise lines. I expect, using that comment, that the BOG$1 eats into those profits and the number crunchers hope that the drink package will be purchased if the BOG$1 is phased out.

Judy

We had it on the Crown P last month. Guess we will start saving money if Happy Hour is dropped from all the ships. Happy hour is just perfect for us. We just don’t drink enough to go with the drink package.

On the Crown it was barely enough room in the Wheelhouse to stand during Happy Hour. Had to arrive way before 3:00 to get a place to sit.

Canadian Burger - that was me waving at you from the Regal Princess last Sunday (just kidding). Would have been funny to run into our neighbours again on a cruise. Loving your pictures. Just got back from the Regal Princess yesterday. Cold and raining here in Milton today.

Mixed feelings about Grand Cayman today. Booked a Stingray/Snorkel trip with Captain Marvin’s. Everything was great with them, but with four ships in port today, Stingray City was a mass of humanity. There had to be close to 200 people in the water from 8-10 boats. We had to wait until a boat left before there was space to anchor. Same with the two snorkel destinations. Several years ago we booked with Nativeway Watersports, there were only 6 of us on a smaller boat, and we were already done as the larger boats started showing up. I still enjoyed the day, but it was just too busy.

359be1f9a16e4f31cf83fff0f221a1fa.jpg

7360578ce338272c68f1138c5bed2e02.jpg

I was disappointed to see that Magician Bill Cook wasn’t scheduled for a second show. I really enjoyed his show in the theatre, and was looking forward to seeing him in a more intimate venue like Explorers or Club Fusion. Hopefully he’ll be booked on a future cruise.

Here’s a note. If you’re in a mid to mid-aft Dolphin minisuite, and you pull into a tender port early in the morning, be prepared to be woken up by the lowering of the boats. And I mean rudely awakened by loud mechanical and hydraulic noises...

638fe3ed53c2e9fac509b17f4c1b84c3.jpg

99cd8e1082ba180e5f97fb601689a98b.jpg

Some more notes from today:

The Lido pizza is definitely not as good as it used to be. The ingredients must have changed. It’s quite bland now, and I’ve eaten a lot of Princess pizza in the past. Not so on this cruise.

Actually won a door prize at the Captain’s Circle Elite/Plat party tonight. (Which, oddly, wasn’t on formal night). A bottle of champagne, and it was actually Korbel, not the crap they hand out as trivia prizes. So we had a toast at our dinner table tonight. No food served at the party, only drinks.

not sure what it is called but do they have the service of having your luggage go from your room directly to the airport and you don't see it until your destination? I know there was a fee but just curious if this ship offers it with Jet Blue? thanks in advance