LIVE From the Caribbean Princess - New Panama Canal - Dec 10, 2017

CanadianBurger

Thank you so much for all the time and money spent for this live post. I'm really excited now about our January 13th cruise on the Caribbean Princess. It's not the same itinerary but reading the patters with all the onboard activities and seeing the menus and food photos was really helpful!

Nice to hear that the Guest Safety Assembly (old muster drill) no longer requires pax to bring their life jackets, try them on and walk back to their cabins with the belts dragging on the ground. We will be on the CB next fall in the Caribbean. Thanks for posting.

Thank you for a wonderful review. I really enjoyed reading it since we will be on this cruise April 1st. I have two questions for you.

1. How did you dress for Planks?

2. Do I need to make reservations for any of the shows?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for a wonderful review. I really enjoyed reading it since we will be on this cruise April 1st. I have two questions for you.

1. How did you dress for Planks?

2. Do I need to make reservations for any of the shows?

Thanks in advance.

1. I dressed the same way I would for the MDR (long pants and a collared shirt), but it’s pretty casual. Don’t know how people dressed for Planks on Formal Night.

2. There are no reservations for shows. Many pax were grumbling that unless you get there early, it was hard to find a seat. We always went to a 10:15 show after dinner, and that was the easiest to find space. Apparently the earlier shows had people standing at the back. I’d arrive 20 min early to be assured a seat if you were planning on an early one.

Sent from my iPhone 8+ using Forums

Really fantastic "Live" thread. Answered so many of my questions regarding the new offerings on Caribbean Princess. In order of Importance my questions had been, is the Ernesto Burger as good as it sounds? Is the new menu at Slice good and are the classic pizzas still as good as ever? Are the Norman Love desserts still available? (They are heavenly in my opinion). I didn't however expect to find the answer to the most important question of them all; Will I get a Parmesan basket with my Alfredo? I'm addicted to that dish, especially with the addition of some Chicken breast :) I really can't wait for my B2B on her in August! Your photos really showed that the refit had made a real difference and given her a real sparkle. Thank you so much for taking the time to produce such an informative account :) My Brother in law is already signing up for the Pop Choir as we speak!

OMG that is real close...I never knew you could get that close to see them leave...that is amazing! We will be on her in August 2018 and cant wait and all your pics really made us excited to be on her despite all the shenanigans princess is doing with changing our itinerary 4 times...lol

OMG that is real close...I never knew you could get that close to see them leave...that is amazing!

Before Irma came through and damaged the jetty, you could walk right out on the concrete beside the water that you can see beside the ship. Here’s a pic from last December (it costs $6 to enter the state park):

9b3a41390dbc12bb289ea5d5ab1d8afa.jpg

Before Irma came through and damaged the jetty, you could walk right out on the concrete beside the water that you can see beside the ship. Here’s a pic from last December (it costs $6 to enter the state park):

9b3a41390dbc12bb289ea5d5ab1d8afa.jpg

Oh wow that is great. You take great photos...Now if not for the gators and bugs i would live in florida...lol

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review! We leave on Jan. 3–following along with this post has made it seem REAL! One question—was Jamaica on the original itinerary or did hurricane damage cause it to be substituted in place of Princess Cay?

Safe travels home and merry Christmas!

Hey Steve,

Just spent about an hour going through this thread and reliving the cruise.

So much fun seeing photos our food (I can vouch that these were real served meals and not staged food photos!).

Jon and I agreed that our dinner companions "made" the cruise for us- it was an absolute joy spending time with you and Shari, Tom and Beth, and our other table mates as well as those that we met in the meet and greet and kept bumping into on the ship.

Take care and safe travels home.

Brenda

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review! We leave on Jan. 3–following along with this post has made it seem REAL! One question—was Jamaica on the original itinerary or did hurricane damage cause it to be substituted in place of Princess Cay?

Safe travels home and merry Christmas!

Jamaica was always on the itinerary. Princess Cays was never a stop. Pre-cruise, they shortened our time in Cartagena, and changed Colón to Cristobal.

Since weather delayed our departure from Jamaica by over 9 hours, we had to skip Cartagena and head straight to Panama. We got back a whopping $8.12 in port taxes for skipping Columbia.