Gifts for Cubans

lneilan

I was in Cuba in July (with Royal Caribbean). Tip your guides in cash, preferably CUC’s. You can exchange currency in the cruise ship terminal. Cash is always welcome.

Were the lines extremely long in the terminal as just about everyone off of the cruise ship would need to exchange currency.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Were the lines extremely long in the terminal as just about everyone off of the cruise ship would need to exchange currency.

We exchanged cash twice in the terminal; the first time we waited 5 minutes, the second time no wait at all. They have many cash exchange tellers.

If you happen to have Euros you get a much more favorable rate

I was thinkingtthe s ame thig but then it occurred to me,,,,, Veendam is not a huge ship, tthere arefewer crew and guests on Veendam than on the larger ships.

The currency exchange in the terminal was very convenient. Probably 10 minute wait for a teller. Beware of the conversion cost.....about 5% if I recall. I'm looking forward to another visit to Cuba.....next time with a tour outside of Havana. My planned tour in May was canceled due to drought.

David

exchange.jpg.cdf85a36c367b62bb4999c6111bb013c.jpg

It was very fast and efficient as there are many currency exchanges in the same area of the terminal. The wait is minimal. If you are from the U.S., do get some CUC’s as some shops, etc. do not accept U.S. currency and you won’t be able to use a credit card.