ISLAND PRINCESS~ANYONE HAD CABIN #325 or 525? Partial obstructed? Talk to me!!!!

WHYTSHLDRZ

Am booking the 9 night pacific coastal cruise to Vancouver from L.A. and am booking a partially obstructed view cabin. I have my choice of #325 or #525....

Has anyone stayed in either of these cabins???????????? Could you see somewhat?????

Also, how was the Island Princess?????????????? Food, ship in good shape???? Tell me all............:o

Thanks for the help!!!:D

The ship is beautiful, and very well maintained (as of October at least). I was disappointed in the food though. Good, but not great, and somewhat repetitive and monotonous on a 15 day cruise. The lack of fresh pineapple on a Hawaii trip was discouraging.

Never been on the Island, but other Princess ships we have had them. All the partially obstructed are basically the same... some are more obstructed than others... :) If you luck out you will be peeking between lifeboats, otherwise you will be looking through their windows. You will still be able to tell night from day. Just be sure to draw the blinds because crew will appear out of nowhere to service the lifeboats :eek:

Pam in Ma

I was wondering when someone was going to ask that basic question!

Well since all the obstructed are on one deck, she probably didn't think she needed to state it.

There are a couple of obstructed balcony, but obviously she wasn't refering to those.

Sorry:( I am looking at Emerald deck~Am trying to get cabin E311 but they keep telling me it is occupied, but if I go to the self booking system, I can get this cabin!:confused: Go figure that! E311 looks like it is not real obstructed.

I don't know how to self book when you already have a deposit with Princess which was made on a previous cruise. I hate to charge my credit card, and then try to get it removed or whatever:cool: I am frustrated:mad:

Sorry:( I am looking at Emerald deck~Am trying to get cabin E311 but they keep telling me it is occupied, but if I go to the self booking system, I can get this cabin!:confused: Go figure that! E311 looks like it is not real obstructed.

I don't know how to self book when you already have a deposit with Princess which was made on a previous cruise. I hate to charge my credit card, and then try to get it removed or whatever:cool: I am frustrated:mad:

Princess charges more booking direct. Use the on-line agency I used. Call them first to see how to handle your deposit. Ask if the price will be the same if they handle it on the phone or you book it on line. If it is book it with them immediately. #311 is a great obstructed view and this sailing is filling fast. Smartcruiser.com is what I used.

Sorry:( I am looking at Emerald deck~ E311 looks like it is not real obstructed.

I believe it will be less obstructed. We have been between lifeboats and you may have other structures (davits for instance) blocking. But I would agree it is probably one of the better choices for obstructed. :)

Just got off the phone with the internet agency, and they reserved me cabin E311. I get to use my Princess deposit that was done on the Sapphire and I think I got a pretty good price!!!

I am happy as a clam!!:rolleyes:

Yes, we are flying back from Vancouver to LAX. I got the cheapest air one way that I could find through Princess...............so went with them.

We have over 100 people from this board on the ship. Check out the roll call section for 5/6/06!!!! Should be a blast!:p

Archived