New to RCL and in need of help please

Mynki

Hi all

DW and I have been invited on an RCL sailing with family. It's a Norwegian cruise out of Southampton. We have never sailed with RCL before but have sailed on RCL's sister line, Celebrity many times. As a result I have a few questions and would really appreciate your help with the following :-

We are Elite on Celebrity so it's my understanding that as long as we register with the C&A club we will have reciprocal benefits as a diamond member. Am I correct in thinking this allows free beverages loaded onto your seapass card or free drinks in the diamond lounge?

We're considering a junior suite. Other than the larger space, are there any other benefits to booking this room?

Is the deluxe beverage package comparable to Celebrity's 'premium drinks package'?

Can anyone point me in the direction of what is included in this package?

Is there one or more dining rooms for pax on Independence?

Any other hints and tips would be greatly received. Thanks in advance.

Hi all

DW and I have been invited on an RCL sailing with family. It's a Norwegian cruise out of Southampton. We have never sailed with RCL before but have sailed on RCL's sister line, Celebrity many times. As a result I have a few questions and would really appreciate your help with the following :-

We are Elite on Celebrity so it's my understanding that as long as we register with the C&A club we will have reciprocal benefits as a diamond member. Am I correct in thinking this allows free beverages loaded onto your seapass card or free drinks in the diamond lounge?

We're considering a junior suite. Other than the larger space, are there any other benefits to booking this room?

Is the deluxe beverage package comparable to Celebrity's 'premium drinks package'?

Any other hints and tips would be greatly received. Thanks in advance.

Once you register on C&A your Elite status on Celebrity will give you Diamond Status on RCL and all the Diamond benefits. 3 drinks will be loaded on your card to be used each day during Happy Hour time only—use them or lose them each day. Also access to the DL and free drinks during Happy Hour every day.

Besides the larger size of the JS the only benefit is you receive double cruise points. However, the walk in closet is fantastic—IMHO the JS is the best cabin on board!

There is one Main Dining Room, the Buffet, Sorrento's and Promenade Cafe that are all free and several pay specialty restaurants (special deals are available on your Cruise Planner on line).

Sorry, I can’t help you with the drink package but believe if purchased everyone over 21 in cabin must purchase. Check your Cruise Planner for what is included.

Carla

Hi all

The Diamond Lounge will offer you unlimited numbers of drinks every evening for three and a half hours. (unlike Celebrity which is only 2 hours, and not every night of your cruise)

It is a limited list, somewhat like Celebrity's. (not identical, however)

In addition, there are vouchers for three free equivalent drinks each night at any bar on the ship, also available during the hours that DL is serving.

In addition to the walk-in closet mentioned above, you get a bathtub in your bathroom. Thus, a somewhat larger bathroom. :) More storage in the cabin, too. Coffee and tea makers. Bigger balcony. Nice sofa and lounge chair with ottoman.

Pretty much.

Any drink that costs up to $12. Anything over that, you pay the difference plus 18%.

Three levels: Decks 3, 4 & 5.

It's $13, not $12. Document left in my room on 12/17 stated $12. It was incorrect, or outdated. Just about every mixed cocktail on the menus are $13, some more. $13 drinks were ordered with no up-charge. I did order several $14 and above drinks and those drinks were upcharged plus 18%.

It's $13, not $12. Document left in my room on 12/17 stated $12. It was incorrect, or outdated. Just about every mixed cocktail on the menus are $13, some more. $13 drinks were ordered with no up-charge. I did order several $14 and above drinks and those drinks were upcharged plus 18%.

I am sad to read this. Until this, it was only the newest ships that had the $13 limit and $13 price tags.

Boo, hiss.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am sad to read this. Until this, it was only the newest ships that had the $13 limit and $13 price tags.

Boo, hiss.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At first, I was furious, because almost every drink was $13 but my papers said I could only have $12! LOL. Boy was I relieved to find out I could have the $13 drinks at no additional charge.

Random questions...

Do RCL ships sailing out of Southampton have a kettle in the stateroom?

I know Celebrity X ships do, but not when sailing from other ports, so wondered if their sister line did the same.

Also, if booking B2B cruises do RCL grant any kind of discount?

Thanks in advance

Random questions...

Do RCL ships sailing out of Southampton have a kettle in the stateroom?

I know Celebrity X ships do, but not when sailing from other ports, so wondered if their sister line did the same.

Also, if booking B2B cruises do RCL grant any kind of discount?

Thanks in advance

Yes, it's been RC's custom to put tea kettles in all staterooms on cruises based out of Southampton. No discounts for B2B cruises.

Once you register on C&A your Elite status on Celebrity will give you Diamond Status on RCL and all the Diamond benefits. 3 drinks will be loaded on your card to be used each day during Happy Hour time only—use them or lose them each day. Also access to the DL and free drinks during Happy Hour every day.

Besides the larger size of the JS the only benefit is you receive double cruise points. However, the walk in closet is fantastic—IMHO the JS is the best cabin on board!

There is one Main Dining Room, the Buffet, Sorrento's and Promenade Cafe that are all free and several pay specialty restaurants (special deals are available on your Cruise Planner on line).

Sorry, I can’t help you with the drink package but believe if purchased everyone over 21 in cabin must purchase. Check your Cruise Planner for what is included.

Carla

The deluxe drinks package does not need to be booked for all passengers over 21 in the cabin, as long as another package is also booked, i.e a refreshment package.