Vista Photo Review: November 2017, 8-Day

the_lovely_voyage

In looking at the menu you posted for Cucina, I couldn't find the shrimp alfredo you said you order. I want to try that on our trip, could you tell how it was listed on the menu, or did you order off menu?

It’s been a while but I think it’s a build your own pasta... so pick the sauce (Alfredo, marinara) and the pasta (fettuccini, bow tie) and the protein (shrimp or chicken etc) to make Shrimp Alfredo.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It’s been a while but I think it’s a build your own pasta... so pick the sauce (Alfredo, marinara) and the pasta (fettuccini, bow tie) and the protein (shrimp or chicken etc) to make Shrimp Alfredo.

[emoji106]thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious, I gathered you did not get the Cheers package. It seemed you guys had your fair share of drinks, would it of benefitted you if you had gotten Cheers? We are debating if we would come out ahead to just pay as we go. What are your thoughts?

Just curious, I gathered you did not get the Cheers package. It seemed you guys had your fair share of drinks, would it of benefitted you if you had gotten Cheers? We are debating if we would come out ahead to just pay as we go. What are your thoughts?

We have done the drink packages in the past but felt like we HAD to drink to get our moneys worth. I would say we had our fair share of drinks on the Vista, but we didn’t feel like we always needed to be consuming beverages. Since we brought on Diet Coke, we never bought pop, so our only purchased drinks were alcoholic. Here are my thoughts after doing some math:

On the Vista, we spent an average of $58 per day on drinks, total between us. The drink package is currently $52 a day per person, so $104 total per day. We definitely would not have gotten our money’s worth. With multiple port days, I don’t think each of us would want to drink $52 a day in drinks after being on a beach for 8 hours drinking there too. I think there was at least one port day that we maybe had two drinks at night because. We feel like pay as you go is the right strategy for us.

We have done the drink packages in the past but felt like we HAD to drink to get our moneys worth. I would say we had our fair share of drinks on the Vista, but we didn’t feel like we always needed to be consuming beverages. Since we brought on Diet Coke, we never bought pop, so our only purchased drinks were alcoholic. Here are my thoughts after doing some math:

On the Vista, we spent an average of $58 per day on drinks, total between us. The drink package is currently $52 a day per person, so $104 total per day. We definitely would not have gotten our money’s worth. With multiple port days, I don’t think each of us would want to drink $52 a day in drinks after being on a beach for 8 hours drinking there too. I think there was at least one port day that we maybe had two drinks at night because. We feel like pay as you go is the right strategy for us.

Thank you. I think we will not get the Cheers on our upcoming Horizon cruise. My only fear is my husband is a huge soda drinker, but your suggestion of bringing some on should help. Thanks for your input!

We will be on the Vista July 14. Your review has been so helpful. In my opinion, just a perfect review. Great balance between narrative and photos and so helpful to have the fun times and menus. You have helped me tremendously!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great review; the best I've read so far on here. Thanks for sharing.

My wife and I did our honeymoon cruise on the Vista as well, so it was a lot of fun reading your review. It brought back memories. We didn't do the CT, but now I wish we did lol.

The Vista gets mixed reviews, but it's a great ship and the review really showcases it.

Wow, thank you so much for your very kind comments. I am so pleased that I can share our experiences and that other people enjoy reading about them and can connect. I agree that's there's a lot of negativity about the Vista, but I'm not sure why. I think the small theatre was probably our biggest complaint, but it didn't really impact our experience all that much. The Chef's Table was absolutely wonderful, so if you get the chance in the future, I'd recommend it!

What a wonderful review! I loved all of it!

I really appreciate that!!

Originally posted by ksmcdonald:

In looking at the menu you posted for Cucina, I couldn't find the shrimp alfredo you said you order. I want to try that on our trip, could you tell how it was listed on the menu, or did you order off menu?

ksmcdonald, I honestly can't remember. I'm so sorry. I'm looking at the menu that I posted and even I can't figure out what/how I ordered. My only thought is that it was the Il Capitano's Signature Dish. I don't necessarily remember building-my-own dish, so I'm thinking it might be that specialty dish. Sorry this doesn't help more!

We will be on the Vista July 14. Your review has been so helpful. In my opinion, just a perfect review. Great balance between narrative and photos and so helpful to have the fun times and menus. You have helped me tremendously!!

This was such a heartwarming comment, thank you very much for making my day! It's such a great feeling to hear that my review is enjoyable and informational! Enjoy your upcoming sailing :D

Great review! our daughter and her new hubby were also on this cruise for their honeymoon !! After hearing all about the Vista we are thinking of making it our next cruise.

Thank you! I hope your daughter and son-in-law enjoyed their honeymoon as much as we did and had many great things to report. My parents plan an anniversary trip every year and after reading my review and talking to us about the ship and ports, they have booked an 8-day Vista trip! Too bad I didn't ask them for commission ;)

Thank you for the review! I’m referring back to it as I plan my trip for June 2. Now I just need to get The Office downloaded to my iPad!

You're welcome, and yay double digit dance for your trip!

Wonderful review and I really hope you do another one for your upcoming Magic cruise. We will be doing the same one in April!

Thank you for reading along! I will absolutely be completing one for the Magic (and hopefully in a quicker time frame since it's the summer so I'll be off from work [yay perks of the education world]!). Have a fantastic trip next month!

Originally posted by ksmcdonald:

ksmcdonald, I honestly can't remember. I'm so sorry. I'm looking at the menu that I posted and even I can't figure out what/how I ordered. My only thought is that it was the Il Capitano's Signature Dish. I don't necessarily remember building-my-own dish, so I'm thinking it might be that specialty dish. Sorry this doesn't help more!

Thanks for the reply. It seems whenever I look at the menu I don't see anything that I would love and we just skip this restaurant. Then I saw your shrimp Alfredo and I thought "Wow, I would definitely order that"! I've never seen it on the menu so we've never tried it. Thanks!

Fantastic review! I'm already looking forward to your Magic review since we will be doing the exact same cruise in January. Hopefully you can give me some good ideas of what to do in St. Thomas!

I hope it lives up to all of the expectations! I'm so very excited to be boarding three months from tomorrow and I can't wait to write the review to share our memories! I do currently have an excursion booked through Carnival in which we'll go to Magen's Bay Beach for a few hours then go to Paradise Point to do the classic tourist stuff overlooking the island.

Great review I was o Vista in August and will be on Horizon this August! Really excited!

Thank you! Oh very cool, I'll be heading to the Horizon next March, so take good care of it for me! Enjoy your trip :D