sharing social media access

golfntob

Hi,

This cruise will be just the husband and I. He is not going to need the social media plan but I purchased it to keep in touch with the kids back home. However it would be nice to be able to message him if I left the cabin while he was sleeping and wanted to let him know where I was.

Wondering if there was a way that we could both be logged into the whatsapp or fb messenger at the same time? Thinking I could just message myself and he'd be able to see it on his phone if he was logged into the same app acct as me?

Anyone have any experience with this?

From what I have read, only one device can be connected to the Wi-Fi at a time (unless you buy 2 plans). Why not use the Hub app? It is only 5$ and has a messaging system, although I can't comment on reliability (many mixed reviews)

It won't work unless his was signed off when you send the message. Then you'd have to sign off and he would have to sign back on to see it. You're better off leaving a note on a piece of paper or paying $5 for the hub app chat. It's only about $5 for the whole cruise (per person)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

From what I have read, only one device can be connected to the Wi-Fi at a time (unless you buy 2 plans). Why not use the Hub app? It is only 5$ and has a messaging system, although I can't comment on reliability (many mixed reviews)

Well I have to buy the social media app to keep in touch with kids at home. That's $20 and if I buy 2 hub app/chats that's another $10 for both.

My DH and I just share the Social Media plan. What I would do is get online and leave him a (FB) message. When he gets up, he has to log you out and log in. He would check his message and see that you are at the pool, spa, buffet etc. -Or, go old school and leave him a post it note or use a dry erase board.

DH and I successfully shared the plan with no problem.

Also, if you go online and purchase the Social Media plan (possibly other plans too) prior to sailing (check time frame) you can save money. Normally Social Media plan is $5 per day. By purchasing early, I got it at $4 per day. Not a great savings, but as we are doing a 13 day cruise, I just saved $13. It all adds up.

My DH and I just share the Social Media plan. What I would do is get online and leave him a (FB) message. When he gets up, he has to log you out and log in. He would check his message and see that you are at the pool, spa, buffet etc. -Or, go old school and leave him a post it note or use a dry erase board.

DH and I successfully shared the plan with no problem.

Also, if you go online and purchase the Social Media plan (possibly other plans too) prior to sailing (check time frame) you can save money. Normally Social Media plan is $5 per day. By purchasing early, I got it at $4 per day. Not a great savings, but as we are doing a 13 day cruise, I just saved $13. It all adds up.

Thanks so much. Just what I needed to know.

I don't think the post it note would work bc who knows where I might end up ;-)

I did actually just log in and purchase the social media plan so I saved a little bit of money. It definitely adds up. 😊

If I remember right I remember someone saying that if you buy the social media package that also get you the hub app chat. I have only used the hub chat in the past, but thinking about the social media package on our next cruise.

If I remember right I remember someone saying that if you buy the social media package that also get you the hub app chat. I have only used the hub chat in the past, but thinking about the social media package on our next cruise.

No that is incorrect. They are totally independent of one another.

I appreciate the replies but I HAVE to have the social media plan to keep in touch with the kids back home. That's $20. If we both purchase the hub app chat feature that's an additional $5 for me and an additional $5 for him. I'm trying to avoid spending $30 and just cover it all with the $20 for the social media plan.

I appreciate the replies but I HAVE to have the social media plan to keep in touch with the kids back home. That's $20. If we both purchase the hub app chat feature that's an additional $5 for me and an additional $5 for him. I'm trying to avoid spending $30 and just cover it all with the $20 for the social media plan.

So why not just make it $40 and get him the Social plan too? It’s better than spending $30 total on the Social plan and Hub App Chat and which from what I have heard doesn’t work all the time. Or just plan on meeting at a certain place at a certain time. We cruised together before there was a such thing as internet on the ship and managed just fine. I understand keeping in touch at home, but the ship isn’t that big of a place. I’m sure you guys will be OK without a plan if money is that much of an issue.